Reference: DHBD -BAREAD-JAN22
Job title: Deputy Head of Bars and Dining (Multi Venue Operations Manager)
Contract type: Full Time
Starting on: March 2021
Salary: £30,942 to £40,322 dependent on experience + benefits
You will be working for one of Readings largest employers. Overseeing several venues in one location. The role involves managing 5 venue leads (venue managers) and 500+ part time staff, dealing with everyday activity across all locations. Deputising for the Head of Bars and Dining and working closely with the Executive Chef to deliver great food and drink offer and service.
- Multi operations role in one location.
- Christmas and Easter off as Venues are closed.
- Free meals whilst on duty.
- Great pension & benefits.
- Free Parking.
- Chance to gain experience in a variety of different venues.
- Training and development available and opportunity for career development.
- The venues are open 7 days a week from 7am to Midnight and your working hours will be with in these times on a rota basis. The venues are closed for Christmas and Easter.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise the retail of alcohol in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements acting as a Licensee.
- Always ensure excellent customer service both personally and by team.
- Ensure financial stability. Contribute to budget planning and controls by growing income and maintaining careful cost control.
- Manage the staff, approving annual leave and other absence requests and submitting payroll information. Control staffing rotas within agreed budgets.
- Manage the recruitment of personnel. Ensure effective induction process and monitor progress and development of teams and individuals.
- Actively promote the importance of and adherence to the HACCP food safety plan, to the team.
- Ordering from suppliers, inputting invoices, stock taking and recording wastage, using the stock management system.
- Manage the availability of food and equipment at locations across the estate and external venues, to meet service requirements.
- Ensure all regulations & legislation including fire procedures, C.O.S.H.H. & accident procedures are implemented within area of responsibility.
- Drive vehicles, moving food and equipment both on and off the location.
- In-depth understanding of Food and Beverage Management.
- Understanding profit and loss accounts.
- Ingredient and provisions knowledge.
- Ability to facilitate change, converting policies into operational actions.
- Working knowledge of food production catering equipment.
- Proven track record in Food and Beverage Management operations.
- Able to communicate quickly & clearly with teams, motivate staff to achieve results.
- Experience of managing an environment operated under a HACCP food safety management system.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Ability to cope with varying workloads whilst remaining calm and focused.
- Full UK driving licence - The role involves driving company vehicles both on and off the estate.
- Level 3 Food Safety.
- Personal Licence Holder.
Desired but not necessary
- Level 4 Food Safety.
- First Aid certification.
- Hospitality management degree or equivalent.
- Modern Apprenticeship route in cooking.
- Previous experience of working in the Licensed Trade.
If have the relevant skills and are interested in the above role, then don't hesitate to apply today. Or call Blue Arrow Reading and speak to one of our Team.