Recruitment AdministratorDunstable (LU5 5XE), Office Based£12.00 per hourTemporary Project, 2 months, immediate startWe are pleased to be assisting with the recruitment for a Recruitment Administrator...
Main purpose of the job:
The role of Recruitment Officer is varied and will involve managing a portfolio of clients,
requiring the ability to work successfully with clients and candidates at all levels to over elective
recruitment solutions. This is an important role within the department requiring the ability to work largely independently, often on own initiative, juggling multiple tasks and working to tight time pressure. You must represent both the department and the University in a highly professional manner at all times
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Responsible for independently handling temporary assignments on behalf of a portfolio of clients. This will include discussion of recruitment needs with clients and advising were
necessary on rates and issuing terms of business.
* Writing job advertisements and placing these on the University website.
* Monitoring online Applications for each post and taking decisions where necessary to post the assignment to other websites to ensure appropriate candidates are sourced.
* Responsible for expanding accounts where appropriate.
* Contacting new departments/contacts to promote the service.
* Short-listing suitable candidates and arranging interviews where appropriate.
* Providing candidates with interview preparation advice and coaching where appropriate.
* Allocating candidates to bookings ensuring that client and candidate correspondence and
records are issued promptly, taking up references, carrying out Employment checks and
timely completion of payroll documentation.
* Initiate and provide all required input to a computerised system which will calculate the accurate payments for temporary workers on assignments.
* Ensure that the HR database is kept up to date at all times by ensuring that new starters/leavers/changes are entered onto the system as soon as information is received and support the development of the new database.
* Act as first point of contact for students - either by phone or in person.
* Assist with hourly paid contracts and claims using the MyPayClaims / VT2000 system
* Carry out Employment checks, as appropriate (according to procedure).
* Ensure that HR filing is kept up to date and that documentation is archived appropriately.
* Undertake other ad-hoc work appropriate to the role
Knowledge and skills:
* Understanding of how HR administration work fits into and supports students working for the University
* Awareness of how HR work is governed by employment law and University policies and procedures
* Awareness of principles and basic requirements surrounding Data Protection Act 1998
* Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and a willingness to learn and use new software programmes the university uses /implements
* Team player, willing to help the team meet deadlines and objectives.
* Pro-active. able to work without close supervision and suggest improvements on administration procedures
* Able to demonstrate strong customer service skills and provide proactive support to colleagues within the wider HR team and across the University.
* Flexibility and enthusiasm to learn and embrace new systems/ways of working.
* Able to write clearly, grammatically and with excellent attention to detail.
* Secure foundation skills in numeracy
* The ability to work systematically and manage their time well
* Experience of preparing letters using standard templates
* Experience of working in a busy administrative role with a customer focus
* The role will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, with
an ability to prepare contracts letters, change of terms letters, email, and general correspondence.
* You should be able to signpost callers to the most relevant member of the team