Position: Head Chef
Establishment: Care Sector
Salary: £25,212 P/A
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week - (Can be 4 day or 5 day working)
I am delighted to be looking for an Chef Manager to join a close care home team, based in Southport. The home caters for 49 residents and offers Nursing and Residential care. You will be looking after a deputy chef manager & 4 Catering assistants.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and consider the preferences of individual Clients
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Conduct basic food hygiene training for all Care Staff involved in handling and delivery of food
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centres Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- The Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all employees & residents. A DBS disclosure and Barred List Check must be obtained before starting of this role.
- New government regulations come into force on 11 November 2021, requiring care home staff to refuse entry to anybody who cannot provide evidence that they have had two doses of approved COVID-19 vaccine, or that they come within a specified exemption.
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.