Position: Assistant Cook
Establishment: Care Home
Wage: £11.10 P/H
Hours: 40 Hours per week
I am delighted to be looking for an assistant cook to join a close care home team, based in Banbury. The home caters for 40 residents and offers Nursing and Residential care.
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative, and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- The Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all employees & residents. A DBS disclosure and Barred List Check must be obtained before starting of this role.
- New government regulations come into force on 11 November 2021, requiring care home staff to refuse entry to anybody who cannot provide evidence that they have had two doses of approved COVID-19 vaccine, or that they come within a specified exemption.
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.