Relay UK Customer Service Assistant / Customer Advisor
Salary: £10.26 per hour
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, 5 over 7 days, Monday - Sunday, 08.00am - 23.00pm.
Type: Relay UK - homepage | Relay UK (bt.com) (CTRL & Select link)
Are you a dedicated, hardworking Customer Service Assistant with the ability to work at a fast and accurate pace? Do you enjoy knowing you are truly helping someone when they need it most? Perhaps you consider yourself someone who enjoys going the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction? Do you have a passion to ensure customers are handled in a professional and approachable manner?
Then come and work for one of the UK largest telecommunications groups as a Relay UK Customer Service Assistant, based in Bangor. Where you will have the opportunity to gain the knowledge and insight needed to build a successful career in the world of customer care.
Relay UK brings relay services for deaf, hard-of-hearing, and speech-impaired people right up to date with the latest app technology. Making conversations easy to manage and relaxed, for fluent communication with anyone and anywhere. The Relay UK also lets deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired people in the UK, alert police, ambulance, fire, or coastguard services by either calling via a Relay Assistant or texting a message to 999 using the emergency-SMS service.
Your role will be to quickly and accurate type (a minimum of 50 words per minute with 98% accuracy) specifically in relation to the transcription of speech to text. Follow call status details or other call indicators as appropriate, relay conversation verbatim and as accurately as possible without changing context.
You'll be given full training and work in fun and supportive environment where you can learn the skills required to progress in your career as a Customer Service Assistant.
General Skills & Personal Traits:
As a Relay UK Customer Service Assistant, you will be:
· Experienced in working in a busy and fast paced call centre environment
· Able to type 50 words per minute with 98% Accuracy.
· Able to deal tactfully with a wide variety of people
· Positive with a can-do attitude and flexible approach
· Dedicated to completing a high standard of work
· Willing to undertake a typing and spelling test at the location the advert is for
· Hardworking and reliable
· Able to pass a standard criminal record check
As a Relay UK Customer Service Assistant, you will:
· Quick and accurate type (a minimum of 50 words per minute with 98% accuracy) specifically in relation to the transcription of speech to text
· Listen very carefully - without interacting unnecessarily but offer assistance to help progress the call if required
· Focus on screen throughout all calls and follow call status details or other call indicators as appropriate, relay conversation verbatim and as accurately as possible without changing context
· At all times remain calm and focused, particularly when dealing with distressed or upset customers, to ensure that information is relayed correctly and efficiently
· Adhere to all relevant procedures and mandatory requirements.
· Adhere to calling party requests in relation to information the customer does/does-not require throughout his/her call
· Empathetic to the customers' needs and challenges they may face in making calls via the relay.
When handling 999 calls as a Relay UK Customer Service Assistant, you will:
· Listen very carefully
· Focus on screens throughout all calls and follow instructions as appropriate
· Remain calm and focused, particularly when dealing with distressed callers, to ensure that their requests are being dealt with effectively and efficiently
· Strictly adhere to all relevant procedures and mandatory expressions
Rewards & Benefits:
· Competitive pay rates/Pay progression- £10.26 per hour
· Overtime opportunities
· Full paid training
· Ongoing coaching and in role training
· Instant access to Blue Arrow training portal
· Auto enrolment in pension scheme
· 28 days paid holiday
· Proof of Right to work - Passport, Biometric Card or Birth Certificate
· Proof of Address dated in last 3 month - Utility Bill
· Proof of National Insurance - NI Card, payslip or P60/P45
· 2 Years referencing details (Blue Arrow will apply for these)
· DBS (processed by Blue Arrow- External DBS not accepted)
So, if you're looking for a Customer Service Assistant role, in a reputable business that prides itself on standing out from the rest, that can offer you a fun and supportive environment to learn new skills, then get in touch today.