Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider, and we are currently looking to recruit NHS 111 Health Advisors - (Full or Part-time) to join their expanding teams based at their Chesterfield or Derby site.
Please note this role will be based on site and is not a remote position.
Training will be full-time (even if applying for the part-time role) for 6 weeks at either the Derby or Chesterfield site and will be over weekdays and weekends.
We have a high number of full and part-time shift positions available across afternoons/nights and weekends only. These will be based on different shift patterns that will be between Mon-Sun and include working 3 out of 4 weekends and 6 out of 8 bank holidays.
They will be between the below times, so you must be flexible to work during any of these times and days if needed.
- Afternoons - 20, 24, 30, 35 hours per week between 17:00 - 23:00 (weekdays) and 8:00 - 15:00 or 15:00 - 22:00 (weekends)
- 4 on 4 off (Nights)
- 36.75 hours - between the hours of 20:00pm - 07:00am
- 31.5 hours - between the hours of 21:00pm - 06:30am
- 26.25 hours - between the hours of 22:00pm - 06:00am
- 21 hours - between the hours of 00:00am - 06:00am
- Weekends Only
- Nights 22.5 hours - Friday's, Saturday's, and Sundays (22:00pm - 6:00am) - 8 hour shifts per days
- Nights 16 hours - Friday's & Saturday's (21:30pm - 6:00am) - 8.5 shifts per day
- Days 15 or 16 hours - Saturday's & Sunday's (6:00am - 24:00) - 8 or 8.5 hour shifts per day
Rotas are advised up to 4 weeks in advance - a breakdown of exacts days will be shown to you during the interview process.
Salary & Pay Rates - up to £22,035 (shift dependant)
- £9.50 p/h - for training only
- £10.00 p/h - basic rate / weekdays
- £11.30 p/h - enhanced rate weekday evenings/overnights
- £12.50 p/h - enhanced rate weekends (from Fri 6:00pm to Mon 8:00am)
We encourage all applicants to initially apply online first, and there will be further application form to be completed after applying.
About the Role
As a Health Advisor for the NHS 111 Service, you will be working as a key member of the team in a busy fast-paced environment. You will be providing call handling for patients requiring urgent medical assistance ensuring the appropriate response is given based on the patient's symptoms/needs.
- Significant recent experience (within the last year) of working within customer service or with the public is essential
- At least 2 years solid previous and recent customer service experience is essential
- Experience of handling face-to-face and/or telephone enquires
- Excellent IT / computer skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to be proactive and have good use of initiative
- Demonstrate at least 3 years previous experience in a care, customer service or call centre environment
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Organised and reliable
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure
Duties will include:
- Taking and dealing with a high number of telephone calls from members of the public
- Communicating with a wide range of people including patients, relatives and representatives, colleagues, appropriate staff in local primary and secondary care services, social services, ambulance services and out of hours and other related services within the local health economy.
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Dealing with a range of patient's medical queries including urgent medical assistance
- Logging calls and updating information in the system in a timely and efficient manner using the in-house NHS Pathways software
- Escalate patient calls to a Clinical Advisor where appropriate
- Dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
Why should you apply?
- On-site parking available (subject to availability)
- On-site canteen and other facilities available
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
- Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
Chesterfield - Located in Ashgate Manor, Chesterfield. This location would suit anyone with their own transport in Chesterfield or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as there are bus stops a short walk from the site, and Chesterfield train station.
Derby - The Derby site is in Pride Park, so near Derby City Centre, this location would suit anyone with their own transport in Derby or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as there are bus stops a short walk from the site, and a 5-minute walk from Derby train station.
Please bear in mind however if you are using public transport, some shift may start as early as 6:00am and as late as 1:00am so trains & buses may not be running at these times.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button.