Position: Sous Chef
Establishment: Gastro Pub with Rooms
Location: Nr Hungerford
Salary: Up to £30,000 P/A + TRONC + BONUS
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 45 Hours per week
My client, who operate several high-quality country Inns in Berkshire & Hampshire are looking to recruit a Sous chef to assist & lead in the team of 6 chefs in this stunning destination county Inn, based near Hungerford, creating classic & modern 'gastro' style dining to local & destination diners, to a very high standard, certainly at a level that will be pushing for rosettes in time.
With a salary of up to £30,000 with a loyalty bonus, and an open mind when it comes to menu planning, allowing you to put your stamp on the menu served here, this really is the perfect opportunity for a hungry, enthusiastic leader to create something special.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then please apply now!
What you will need....
* Experience as a sous chef or CDP
* Experience in fresh food would be advantageous
* Be comfortable and positive talking with both guests and teams
* Be passionate about using fresh and seasonal produce
* Be great at motivating your team, leading by example
* Be organised and have a flexible approach to working hours
* Have excellent knowledge of HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety
What will you be doing....
* Hiring and keeping the best people
* Coaching, developing and mentoring your chef team to success
* Generate great sales ideas and pr opportunities
* Creatively input towards our menus, dishes and specials
* Drive standards and knowledge of the team
* Make the kitchen the heart of your pub
* Provide input and deliver your forecasts and budgets
* Deliver your food control measures
What's in it for you....
* Great team discounts across the group
* Plenty of training and development opportunities
* Great pay and service charge
* Access to Perkbox and 270 discounts
* 28 days holiday
* Profit share and bonus scheme
* Annual salary reviews
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV or call 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Position: Sous Chef