Position: Senior Chef de Partie
Establishment: Contract Catering - Education
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Salary: £25,400 P/A
Hours: 40 hours per week / 52 weeks
(5/7 days - Early or late: 7:00-16:00 or 10:30-19:30)
Are you an experienced Chef de Partie seeking the next step in your career? Are you looking to join a professional team working in a fantastic, fresh food kitchen? With a great work life balance? then look no further...
You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh food and drink on offer for the students and staff. In addition to a busy restaurant, you will also cater for a hospitality service including working lunches for meetings,
We welcome applicants with previous Chef de Partie experience, working ideally within a large-scale operation. Must have a proven track record of producing quality, fresh food in a busy team environment.
If this sounds like you then perhaps you will be interested in working with at this Prestigious College.
The Senior Chef de Partie role will involve.....
- To ensure food production, standards are carried out in timely fashion, as agreed with the Head Chef.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the section as appropriate.
- To assist the Sous Chef with compiling food orders and developing new food concepts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To control production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- A good understanding of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
- Certified in Food Hygiene Level 1 & 2
- Experienced in the preparation, cooking and presentation of fresh food
- Similar experience of bulk cooking
- A positive attitude with a passion to support and develop menus
- A dedicated approach to the development and training
- Stock control management
- Meeting food safety and cleaning standards
- Hardworking and reliable
- Hands-on with a 'can do' attitude
Experience & Training:
- Salary: Up to £25,400
- Work life balance
- Established team
- Staff Uniform provided
- Career progression
- Personalised learning and training plans to develop your skills and knowledge
- 28 days holiday (inc BH's)
- Pension Scheme
- Free Meals on Duty
- Free hot drinks and fruit in the rest room
- 25% staff discount in the restaurant
- Long service awards
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee referral bonus
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Bobby Harris at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 378324 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.