Position: Chef De Partie
Establishment: Contract Catering - Education
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Salary: £25,400 P/A
Hours: 40 hours per week / 52 weeks / 5/7 days - Early or late: 7:00-16:00 or 10:30-19:30)
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused chef to work with a leading independent school to develop their culinary career in a fantastic environment and with access to fantastic facilities.
The Chef De Partie role will involve.....
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- Assist the head chef in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- To manage the departmental budget to support the kitchen team, by providing appropriate tools and resources.
- A good understand of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
Experience & Training:
- Welcome applicants with previous Chef de Partie experience, working ideally within a large-scale operation.
- GCSE level education or above
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Good craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salaries - £25,400 P/A
- Free meals whilst at work
- Career development opportunities
- Prestigious working environments
- Team events scheduled throughout the year
- 28 Holiday days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Work/life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
- People awards to celebrate our employees
- Reward & recognition schemes
- Recommend a friend scheme
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or contact via email by