ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANTHUDDERSFIELD37 HOURS PER WEEK£10.49 PER HOUR3 month assignmentOur client, a successful, global and modern University is looking for an administrative support assistant to...
Blue Arrow are looking for Metadate Support Assistants to help clear backlog of material which accumulated during lockdown by assisting with shelf-marking process to allow material to be catalogued, for a Library based in Edinburgh city centre. This is a temporary role, with an immediate start, lasting around 3 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To apply shelfmarks as directed;
- To apply ownership stamps to Library materials as required;
- Sort and arrange library collections as required;
- Record collection material as directed;
- Liaising and co-operating with other staff to ensure that team and departmental priorities are met;
- Gathering statistics related to job function as required;
- Demonstrating tasks to colleagues, as instructed;
- Attending staff meetings
- Participating in staff development and training;
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of procedures, service standards and documentation;
- Contributing to the development of team plans and strategies
Skills, abilities and knowledge
- Literacy - ability to understand, interpret and present verbal and written information;
- Numeracy - ability to understand, interpret and present numerical information;
- Teamwork and collaboration - ability to work with others to achieve shared goals and recognise the value of diverse perspectives;
- Hardware - ability to use computers, peripherals, mobile devices, and standard office equipment;
- Software - ability to use software, and library management systems
- Attention to detail - ability to be thorough and accurate when performing work;
- Flexibility - ability to change and adapt behaviour or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles;
- Interpersonal skills ability to show respect, concern, and empathy for others
Applicants are asked to provide a written statement saying how their skills match the person specification and demonstrate the value and relevance of their experience to the post.
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to Basic Disclosure Scotland security clearance.