Role: Reception Manager
Shifts: Flexible to include weekends at times
Salary: £25-£30k per annum and a 1 year contract
Start: January 2022
Our client is a purpose-built residential conference and training centre consisting of of 58 bedrooms and 8 meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 200 guests along with a restaurant, bar, and gymnasium.
We currently have an amazing opportunity to join the team on a one-year fixed term contract to cover maternity leave with an anticipated start date of early January 2022.
- To manage the operations and ensure that surpluses from revenue generating business is maximised and services delivered for members and staff represent excellent value and are managed within the clients overall budgets. To identify and develop the clients brand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing and managing the budget and delivering on all key targets agreed with the Head of Finance.
- Overall responsibility for all guest bookings, rooms revenue and the Hotel room rates strategy.
- Developing a strategy to provide the best value for money outcomes and return on investment for members.
- Marketing and selling of services of to maximise all revenue opportunities, including through:
- Developing 3rd party contracts; and
- Maintaining optimum occupancy of hotel and training accommodation
- Maintain rigorous cost control by managing resources to match demand.
- Establish and maintain robust systems for measuring and reporting on all aspects of operational management including performance criteria, statistical and financial records.
- Manage and develop employees to empower them to always deliver an efficient and professional service.
- Effectively recruit, select, and manage team members to meet the current and future needs of the business and manage performance through training or appropriate measures and delegate where necessary and appropriate.
- Responsible for providing regular, effective team communication and direction regarding events, business objectives and activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that all standard operational manuals reflect legislative compliance and modern hospitality practice.
- Responsible for the smooth running of all events, and conferences, dealing with escalated customer complaints and comments.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations regarding all aspects of service delivery, food and beverage operation, and health and safety requirements.
- Always represent the client professionally and appropriately
Additional job requirements:
The postholder will be required to work on a rota basis, act as a duty manager when required, act as the Designated Premises Supervisor for the sale of alcohol.
It is essential that the postholder:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of working in a similar hotel/residential accomodation environment.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of Guestline PMS preferred
- Strong experience of delivering against set targets, experience of financial planning, and setting budgets
- Experience of compiling and reporting on hotel performance
- Experience of managing staff directly - this will be for a team of 7
- Effective communication skills, and ability to adapt style for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrable excellent leadership and organisational skills, ability to show drive and determination.
- Experience of accommodation and meeting and events reservations
- Excellent sales and customer care experience.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislative requirements for hospitality industry
- Ability to work flexibly to meet business needs.
If you feel you have the skills for this job then please apply or call Candice at Bluearrow on 0208 688 8777.