Position: Head Chef
Establishment: Contract Catering
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 P/A
Hours/Shifts: 5/7 days - 45 Hours per week.
My client is an award-winning event company that caters for high-end luxury events, performance sports and famous brands. They are currently looking for Head Chef to join the team in the state-of-the-art kitchen located in Bicester, overseeing the different production kitchens.
Reporting the Executive Head Chef, The Head Chef has the control and responsibility of ensuring the brigade is working as one, mentoring across all levels creating a stable and honest working environment.
With exciting plans for the future, they are now looking for an experienced Head Chef with a passion for food to join our dynamic and fast-paced team at their headquarters in Bicester.
- To ensure the delivery of the clients expectations in food quality. Always ensuring we deliver on our promise to keep food at the heart of everything we do.
- Taking overall responsibility for the delivery of up to 10,000 dishes per day
- Manage our team of exceptional Chefs, both full time and casual
- Manage our packing QC team, ensuring high standards are met consistently following strict plating guidelines
- Liaise with suppliers - Manage all food procurement, stock inwards, stock management and minimise wastage. Assess, negotiate and work with suppliers, to ensure Absolute Taste receives the best quality produce and the best market price, ad hearing to budgets and due diligence
- Manage kitchen production ensuring quality and consistency every time, in line with the company guidelines.
- Manage and exercise company Food Safety and Health and Safety policies
- Manage staffing rotas, hours, holidays, lieu days and cover using the Fourth hospitality system.
- To control and minimise all kitchen associated costs without detriment to the business or service.
- Ensure the kitchen operates efficiently and budgets are managed successfully.
- To hold regular team meetings and briefing to ensure good team communication and cascade of information.
- To lead the team in a professional, proactive and motivational manner.
- To love what we do and enthusiastically contribute new and refreshing ideas to keep us at the forefront of creativity.
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with all key stakeholders.
- Have a desire to nurture home grown talent in our ever-expanding business.
You must be
- Passionate about great food with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be inspired to create innovative delicious homemade food. A real forward thinker, being aware of market trends.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy kitchen environment
- Have great leadership skills, leading by example.
- Experienced in managing large scale kitchen operations.
- Salary of £45,000 - £55,000 P/A
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunities to travel while work
- Work in state-of-the-art environment
- Free car parking
- Free meals on duty
- Something different and unique
To apply for this role simply press the 'APPLY' button now. Or Contact Rob at the Newbury Perm Hub on 01635 349 49
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.