Assistant Head Host/Hostess - Luxury Hotel & Spa - Hampshire
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Head Host/Hostess at an independently owned Luxury Country House Hotel & Spa in Hampshire. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Assistant Head Host/Hostess to provide outstanding service to guests and to ensure standards are at the highest level at all times.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the management of the Host team ensuring the hotel's guests have the very best experience from the point of enquiry via telephone, email and face-to-face through to meeting greeting and seating guests.
* Day to day assistance of reservations and table allocation.
* Assist the Head Host/Hostess with the development of the team
* Proactively review current procedures and implement more efficient ways of working, Improving the guest experience
* Taking reservations on phone, by email and in person.
* Ensure the team are researching all customers, both in-house and external, ensure the customer database is constantly updated.
* Communicating wait times for guests and updating bar, restaurant and house team s accordingly.
* Assist with the Lobby service with table allocation, meeting, greeting and seating guests, when required, help with food and beverage service and processing bills.
* Follow up on all unconfirmed reservations for current lunch and dinner services.
What's in it for you...
* Salary of £25,000 P/Annum (40 Hours)
* Paid overtime
* Service charge (on average £300 P/Month)
* Fantastic discounts across the brand
* Free parking
* The opportunity to work for an established team in a fantastic hotel
The ideal candidate will possess the following...
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Previous experience with a similar role would be beneficial but not essential
* Genuine passion in providing an outstanding guest experience
* Live within commuting distance with transport or live-in accommodation is available 1 mile from the property
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Sam at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.