Kitchen porter - Derby
£8.91 - £10 per hour
4-5 shifts a week out of 7
We are looking for kitchen porters to support with basic food preparation, washing up, cleaning and clearing all kitchen areas, unloading and putting away deliveries, emptying bins, sweeping and mopping floors. Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous but not essential.
The position is available to start as soon as possible, and you will need to be able to get to and from either Alfreton or Breadsall in Derby between the hours of 7am and 11pm as these are the two sites we have available. The breadsall site does run a free taxi at 11:30pm nightly for all staff to go to the city centre.
Any catering roles you will be required to complete a food hygiene & allergens certificate to be able to work in these roles. (we can put you through this training free of charge) The course takes around 10-15 minutes to complete and can be done in the comfort of your own home.
* Food hygiene level 1 (dated within the last twelve months)
* Happy to clean any areas needed.
* Has excellent organisation and time-management skills
* Is able to use their own initiative and as work as part of a team
* Able to communicate/report any issues to the relevant people effectively
* Is hard-working, and reliable.
* Has experience in a similar role or similar environment
Key responsibilities include:
* General food preparation
* Washing up
* Cleaning of kitchen
* Emptying bins, sweeping and mopping floors
* Filling away deliveries
* Washing utensils and dishes
* Storing and sorting ingredients properly.
* Ensuring food prep areas are clean in line with health and safety and food hygiene procedures.
Blue Arrow is a Nationwide Agency based throughout the UK we have branches in all locations work is always on offer. A lot of our candidates who are registered with us enjoy working for Blue Arrow due to the flexibility around shifts, and we can offer both ongoing and short-term assignments. Another great reason is that you get paid a great hourly salary along with every hour worked, Some of our candidates have gained permanent roles with their perfect companies due to working in ongoing assignments and then offered permanent contracts and most importantly you are paid on time and on a weekly basis.
* Great pay rates and weekly pay
* your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
* Dedicated consultant
* Chance to gain more hours around current jobs and commitments.
* Mixtures of shifts.
* PAID FOR EVERY HOUR WORKED
* ongoing work in majority of our clients
* Company pension scheme
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the requirements, we please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Kitchen porter - Derby