If there was ever an opportunity to kick-start or further enrich your customer service career, this is it. Becoming a Customer Service Advisor with one...
Customer Service Representative - Edinburgh
Full-time, permanent role
Salary up to £20,000 p.a.
Hours between 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday
Blue Arrow are looking for confident Customer Service Representatives to join our clients team in Edinburgh. Your role will be to support the delivery of great customer outcomes by delivering excellent service to the customers. This includes responding efficiently to customer demands received through multiple channels, including inbound and outbound telephone calls, in writing, by email and through digital methods. This includes using strong communication and accurate administration skills when dealing with customer demand.
- Communicate clearly with customers (including vulnerable customers and complainants) both verbally and in writing to understand and respond appropriately to their needs
- Work accurately and efficiently to achieve quality standards and to ensure customers receive correct and timely information and to support the delivery of SLAs and other delivery metrics, including customer feedback metrics. This may include making risk-based decisions that support the delivery of good customer outcomes
- Instigate, support and drive through opportunities to improve efficiency of processes, the customer experience and service delivery and to remove failure demand and waste and to drive First Point Resolution
- Focus on continued personal development and skills and knowledge acquisition to support service delivery across multiple channels and customer demands
- Demonstrate behaviours which support the delivery of great customer outcomes through the effective management of Conduct Risk, identifying and raising emerging risks as appropriate
- Observe contractual and legal obligations by adhering at all times to our clients corporate policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, Data Protection, Information Security, Anti-Financial Crime and other Compliance related Policies
- Achieve individual, team and department SLAs/KPIs and other measures or obligations that support the effective delivery of service including customer outcome measures and any other customer or client centric measures
Your Competencies and Past Experience:
- Qualified to GCSE standard or equivalent, must include a minimum of Grade 4 Standard Pass or above in Maths and English. Any relevant customer services qualifications or financial services qualifications would be an advantage although not essential.
- Ideally would have evidence of a positive experience within a customer facing environment and an ability to work efficiently and accurately in applying product and systems knowledge across a wide range of queries to carry out processing tasks.
- A confident, professional telephone manner and ability to effectively execute on the above duties, in both written and verbal form.
- Computer literate in MS Excel and Word skills and appetite to learn and effectively navigate multiple computer systems and other technologies. An ability to assimilate new information quickly and to be flexible and adaptable to change as well as to identify, support and drive improvement opportunities.
- Must possess and demonstrate a helpful, can-do, and service-oriented outlook, with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a team environment, being discreet when dealing with confidential information. Must be self-motivated, proactive going beyond the call of duty, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented and have an ability to stay calm under pressure and in uncertainty.