Position: Sous Chef
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Salary: £27,700 to £30,000 P/A (£33,280 pro rata)
Hours: 40 hours per week / 40 weeks / 5 out of 7 Days / Alternative Weekends off
Are you an experienced Sous Chef or Chef de Partie seeking the next step in your career? Are you looking to join a professional team working in a fantastic, fresh food kitchen? With a great work life balance? then look no further...
You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh food and drink on offer for the students and staff. In addition to a busy restaurant, you will also cater for a hospitality service including working lunches for meetings, college and student events, external conferences for clients, and a variety of private functions.
If this sounds like you then perhaps you will be interested in working with at this Prestigious College.
The Sous Chef role will involve.....
- To ensure food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Head Chef.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the section as appropriate.
- To assist the Head Chef with compiling food orders and developing new food concepts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- Assist the head chef in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- To manage the departmental budget to support the kitchen team, by providing appropriate tools and resources.
- A thorough understand of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
- Certified in Food Hygiene Level 1 & 2
- Experienced in the preparation, cooking and presentation of fresh food
- Similar experience of bulk cooking
- A positive attitude with a passion to support and develop menus
- A dedicated approach to the development and training of the team
- Ordering and stock control management
- Meeting food safety and cleaning standards
- Hardworking and reliable
- Hands-on with a 'can do' attitude
What's in it for you...
- Salary: £27,700 to £30,000 P/A (£33,280 pro rata)
- Alternative Weekends off
- Work life balance
- Established team
- Staff Uniform provided
- Career progression
- Personalised learning and training plans to develop your skills and knowledge
- 28 days holiday (inc BH's)
- Pension Scheme
- Free Meals on Duty
- Free hot drinks and fruit in the rest room
- 25% staff discount in the restaurant
- Long service awards
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Bike to work Scheme
- Employee referral bonus
An enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List Check must be obtained for this role.
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.