We are currently recruiting for warehouse operatives to work for a prestigious retail client of ours in Hemel Hempstead, HP2. The work will involve picking...
Warehouse Operatives x20
Location: Derby City Centre Pentagon island
Shifts: 4 on 4 off and night shifts on offer
Contract: ongoing full time employment
Pay rates starting from £9.46 to £11.34
Our client is one of Derby's finest distribution warehouses are looking for pickers and packers to join their team until January 2022, and for the right candidates, offer permanent contracts. We are recruiting for two shift patterns (4 on 4 off and nights.) and we are looking for candidates who can be flexible in terms of which shift they are given, in order to be offered the soonest start date.
As a warehouse operative, you will play a vital role in ensuring high-quality products are reaching millions of customers daily, and of an excellent standard.
- Picking and packing a range of delicate products, using handheld scanners
- Reporting any issues to the relevant person.
- Moving pallets using manual pump trucks.
- Working towards deadlines.
- building boxes and Preparing items for delivery
- labelling and wrapping products
- General warehousing duties, which can include general cleaning in and around the warehouse.
- Can work accurately at a fast-paced
- Is physically capable of doing occasional heavy lifting
- Has great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have excellent numeracy, literacy, and organisational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Is able to commit to a few weeks training on Day shifts if you're interested in Nights. (this is NOT flexible - training is in the day)
- You will have experience within a packing order environment
- You will have worked to targets previously
- You will be looking for ongoing work with a potential of gaining a permanent contract
- Able to work towards targets at a fast pace
Hours & Pay:
4 on 4 off working 4 days on 4 days off 7am till 6pm total 10.5 hours a day. Will involve weekends too. Not every weekend, however please consider this. Pay £9.46 per hour rising after successful period, and enhanced rates for overtime on days off.
Nights - Monday to Thursday 8pm till 6am (must be able to commit to few weeks training on days before starting on nights please consider this.) £11.34 per hour, over time will be on offer for working a Sunday each week paid at £13.33 per hour
- If your successful your new job role will be based in central Derby close to pentagon island, perfect for anyone who doesn't have access to their own transport. There will be parking and bike sheds on site to.
What can Blue Arrow offer you?
- Holiday entitlement
- Access to high street discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Blue Arrow uniform (where necessary)
- Weekly pay
The Next Stage
We are taking candidates round the site each week on a Tuesday, to show the job role environment and place of work. For this to happen please click apply today and start the registration process, and book your own interview via Microsoft teams, so we can discuss more in depth the role. We cant wait to speak with you, and support in your next new role.