Sample Unpacker/Data Entry Clerk York, YO10Salary: £11.50 per hour 37.5 hours per week including weekends. We are looking for a team of people to work...
25 HOURS PER WEEK
TEMP ASSIGNMENT - 18.10.2021-17.12.2021
The Post Room is a key area of university business and provides mail handling services for 6 schools, various departments and over 2000 staff. It is vital to day-to-day business across the University.
This role entails carrying out the full range of post room duties including allocating inbound post and parcels, the distribution and collection of post and parcels from schools and departments, processing outbound post and parcels and the dealing with customer queries with regards to their post.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of the mail, both inbound and outbound.
- Ensure mail is delivered and collected efficiently and within agreed timeframes across all areas of the University.
- Providing a high level of customer service to internal / external clients.
- Receiving and dealing with incoming telephone calls and emails in a polite and professional manner and using initiative to deal with queries on behalf of the department.
- Dealing with and resolving customer complaints.
- Liaise and support the suppliers to the post room inc Royal Mail, DHL, UK Mail, and other suppliers.
- To assist in the production of monthly records of all school and departmental costs to enable accurate mail recharging.
- Ensuring a full audit trail is maintained for all parcels and special mail.
- Ensure all courier shipments have correct customs and documentation completed.
- Liaising with the schools and departments on any post-related queries, such as delayed deliveries, overseas postage quotes.
- Ensuring all parcels are packaged correctly, protecting the product from any damage in transit.
- Ensuring the correct method of postage is used for each parcel, observing consignment value, delivery requirements, and region/country limitations.
- To undertake any other duty pertinent to the grade of the post that may be requested at any time.
If you feel you would be a suitable candidate, please apply below