Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with an excellent Logistics company based in Castle Donington and they are looking for a Sorting Operative (Afternoons) to join their team on a permanent basis.
About the Role
You will be working within the Restricted Commodities department that sort, collect, process, inspect and ensure the proper build-up of all Restricted Commodities shipments.
Hours: Mon - Fri (1:30pm - 10:00pm)
Salary: £22,256 per annum
Duties will include:
* Working closely with the sorts operation staff
* Confirming all Restricted Commodities freight and arranging correct units for each flight.
* Keying in, filing and distribution of all relevant paperwork.
* Checking off all paperwork and freight.
* Ensuring all required checks, and check sheets are completed prior to the freight being loaded for export.
* Successfully distribute, load, flag and scan all Restricted Commodities freight.
* Ensuring all Restricted Commodities freight is correctly loaded and secured as per load security requirements
* Using Motorised Equipment
* Previous experience within Warehouse or Logistics would be an advantage
* Computer literate with good communication skills.
* Must be a team player and be flexible due to operational requirements
* Driving license required
* Knowledge of IAT weather format and transmissions - desirable
* Knowledge of types of aircraft and ULD capacities - desirable
* Attend and pass 2 yearly IATA DGR course.
Why should you apply?
* Competitive Salary, including unsociable Hours Shift Allowance.
* Annual Bonus up to 5% (depending on company performance).
* Rewards (Discount, saving, cash back at over 3000 retailers).
* Pension Scheme with up to 6% Company Contribution.
* Access to Occupational Health.
* Childcare Vouchers (after 12 months).
* Share Purchase Plan (after 3 months).
* Cycle to Work Scheme.
* Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay.
* Private Medical Scheme (after 12 months).
* Lifeworks - Employee Assistance Programme.
* Free onsite Parking.
Based in Castle Donington, near East Midlands airport this site is easily commutable if you live in Derbyshire and the surrounding areas, and are flexible with travel / access to your own car. There also bus stops a short walk away from the site.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button including a full CV with all employment history on, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Please note a further application will be required to be completed also, alongside 4 years referencing information to be provided.