Establishment: Bording School
Salary: £23,279 P/A
Type: Permanent - Term Time 40.8 Weeks per year
Working Hours: Tuesday to Friday (11:30 to 19:30) Saturday (10:30 to 19:00)
Are you looking to cook with the freshest ingredients? Looking to work with a fun and professional kitchen operations? Have a work-life balance? Then this role might be for you....
One of the Oxfords leading bording schools is looking for a chef to join their team. The school prides itself on its outstanding academic, pastoral and co-curricular outcomes. The school caters for children from ages 4-18 year olds.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused chef to work with a leading independent school to develop their culinary career in a fantastic environment and with access to fantastic facilities. Responsible for producing a variety of dishes for the restaurant and meeting room areas to the highest standard, whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically.
- Working together with the team
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food
- Implement and adhere to Health & Safety legislation and COSHH at all times
- Cooking and preparation of high-quality meals for potentially large volumes of customers - up to 300 covers
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard
- Creating and serving imaginative food, designed to exceed expectation
- Using fresh, seasonal ingredients within your menu
- Providing nutritionally balanced meals that meet all dietary requirements
- Ensuring that all requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health and Safety regulations are met in relation to food preparation and service, and that any incidents are reported in line with procedure
- Supporting the Catering Manager in maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control
- Ensuring that the correct stock rotation and food storage procedures are followed
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness in all areas in the kitchen including equipment
- Supervising the kitchen and dry stores
- Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required
- Contract catering background, with experience of working with high volume
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail.
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends.
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment.
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Work life balance
- Competitive salary
- Training & Development opportunities
- Meals provided on duty.
- Full uniform included.
- All support staff are invited to join the School's Standard Life Group Personal Pension Scheme.
- There is car parking on site, and the School is easily accessible by bus.
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV or call 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address