* Pub Chef / Sous chef
* £14 - £17.50 (paid weekly)
* 5 / 7 days various shifts (splits 10hours)
* Standard hours 9.00 - 15.00 / 16.00- 22.00
* IMMEDIATE START - FROM Thursday 14th Oct 3Week contract
* Free parking and Live in available
We are Urgently looking for hire a temporary chef to start next week week cover at a pub in Esher, Surrey for a 3Week contract. Working along side out inhouse chef and experienced kitchen staff. service up a traditional British pub menu / steaks and burgers. shift are splits and can offer a mix of weekdays + additional weekends shifts are optional?
* Main Cook and prepare high quality dishes
* Ensure food quality and excellent standards are maintained for all dishes created
* Supervise all kitchen stations
* Be responsible for health and safety + food hygiene practices.
* Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
* Assist with determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
* Ensure the team are producing top-quality food
* Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Awards
* Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace Award
* Minimum 2 years' relevant experience
* Awareness of manual handling techniques
* Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
* Experience of kitchen equipment, Knife skills as standard
* Competent level of English spoken and written
* Health and safety and food hygiene certificates
Hiring points / skills and knowledge as follows:
* Strong ability to produce good quality food and first-rate culinary skills
* A flair, passion and a love of ingredients and able to bring new idea's to the team.
* Strong organisational skills
* An ability to work unsupervised and consistently deliver quality work + Able to work well under pressure
* Previous Experience of a variety of kitchen environments and cuisines
* Knowledge of food production methods
* Good knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
* Basic maths/numeracy skills
* Effective oral communication with all members of the team
* Enthusiasm and willingness to develop your own skills and knowledge
* Flexible and have a willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
* Able to take on board feedback and changes to menu items or ingredients
This position is an ongoing temporary contract, paid hourly PAYE. We offer weekly payment 1 week after starting, including optional pension and additional holiday pay (please enquire for more info?)
Next steps: how to apply?
So, if you're ready to be part of our team, or require more information about the position advertised? Please apply now!
Or alternatively call & speak with Jamie or Gareth on 01483506200