Head Chef - Contract Catering - No late nights!
Do you want a role with a great work / life balance? No late nights?
We are currently recruiting for a Head Chef for our catering site, a short drive from Fareham.
A great opportunity has arisen with a leading global player in the contract catering industry.
As a Head Chef you will have strong leadership qualities in leading a team of kitchen staff and as the most senior member, running the kitchen operations.
In return we offer a range of great salary of £11.35 as well great personal benefits.
* Salary: £11.55 per hour
* Hours: 1 in 3 weekends, 37.5 hours - 40 hours per week. All overtime paid. Mostly early shifts
* Location: Shirt drive from Fareham
* Contract: Permanent
Benefits (Terms & Conditions Apply):
* Company pension scheme
* Award winning wellness programme
* Commuter benefits
Required skills include:
* A strong understanding of produce and ingredients
* Great organisational and interpersonal skills
* An ability to work unsupervised and consistently deliver quality work, and to monitor your own performance and that of your colleagues/team
* Experience of a variety of kitchen environments and cuisines
* A good working knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) at all levels
* Knowledge of food production methods
* embrace new ideas and processes
* Positive and approachable manner
Duties will include:
* To take some responsibility for all elements of the kitchen including preparation, cooking and presentation of food to agreed standards.
* To supervise catering staff.
* To set and maintain standards.
* To ensure the kitchen is kept in a clean tidy and hygienic state.
* To liaise with customers, to ensure their needs are being met from sales through to delivery.
* To liaise with customers, to ensure all dietary requirements are catered for.
* To respond to feedback from customers and amend menus as appropriate.
* To create a range of interesting menus for both adults and children along with Executive Chef and catering team
* To receive training that is necessary to maintain and improve the standards of the establishment.
* Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organisation
* Previous practical knowledge of cooking for 100-400 people.
* Food Hygiene certificate / Food allergen training
* Knowledge of health and safety issues (COSHH etc) further training can be given.
If this sounds like a role you will be interested in then please click the "Apply" Button Below
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.