Blue Arrow are now recruiting for an experienced Executive Assistant for our pubic sector client based in Edinburgh. Initially a 6 month FTC, there is the opportunity the role will be made permanent. The position is part time, working 22.5 hours and will be remote working initially. The role will see the successful candidate provide full secretarial and admin support to the Finance Executive.
- Supporting the current Executive Officer to ensure the smooth running of the office of the Director of Finance and take collective ownership of activities and tasks.
- Activities will include the co-ordination of travel arrangements, diary and email management for the Director of Finance and the senior finance team.
- Ensuring the Directorate Induction pack is kept up to date
- Arranging virtual "All Directorate" Team meetings, including issuing agendas and co-ordinating resources
- Preparation and drafting of presentations and reports.
- Research and information gathering to support projects.
- Contributing towards the design and final presentation of the Annual Accounts document.
- Maintaining the action tracker for the Senior Finance team arising from Committee and Project board meetings to ensure all actions are followed up and delivered on time.
- Providing administrative support for the further development of Risk Management.
- Providing administrative support for the National Programmes/projects which the Director of Finance and the senior team are involved in.
- Working closely with other Executive Assistants/Officers to provide cross cover support for the Executive Team as and when required.
- Advanced level of IT skills, including extensive experience of using Microsoft Office Packages (including Teams and Visio)
- Proven administrative skills, including diary management; dealing with correspondence; arranging travel, preparation of meeting papers
- Effective minute taking skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
- Awareness of Data Protection legislation and appreciation of the need for discretion and confidentiality in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently at all levels in the workplace
- Good attention to detail