Operational Porter York, YO10Salary: £11.50 per hour 37.5 hours per week including weekends.We are looking for a team of people to work in a Covid...
Operational Porter - York, YO10
Salary: £11.50 per hour - 37.5 hours per week including weekends.
We are looking for a team of people to work in a Covid secure site, just outside of York city centre - YO10.
These positions will be offered on a temp contract for approx. 3 months and will be 37.5 hours per week.
The work will be set up on a flexible rota with the earliest start time being 7am and latest finish time will be 10.30pm with Saturday and Sunday working expected. Public transport is available from the city centre to the location and back again on a regular basis.
As an Operatioanla Porter you will be required to assist in managing the physical spaces around the working environment including soft guarding duties and handling deliveries into and out of storage
Key Responsibilities will include:
*Assist colleagues moving about the physical spaces whilst carrying goods e.g. opening doors
* Soft guarding of access to restricted areas e.g. identity pass card checks; visitor checks.
* Manual handling of deliveries of boxed laboratory supplies and specimen samples into the building and into storage
Manual handling of consumable stock movements and specimen samples from storage to the laboratory.
You will also need to:
* Observe good practice in specimen sample handling and preparation prior to analysis.
* Ensure correct data entry into the computerised systems.
* Follow all SOP's and Health and Safety guidelines.
All successful candidates will need to go through DBS and background checks prior to confirmation and start of employment.