If there was ever an opportunity to kick-start or further enrich your customer service career, this is it. Becoming a Customer Service Advisor with one...
- Role: Customer Service Advisor
- Location: South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh (EH12)
- Salary: £10.63 per hour + Overtime opportunities + Pay Progression
- Contract: Temporary (Ongoing) - 12 months (minimum) strong possibility of becoming a permanent role
- Hours: Full time, Monday - Friday 35 hours per week, from 9am until 5pm
- Training: full paid training will be given right from the start
- Office based position
If there was ever an opportunity to kick-start or further enrich your customer service career, this is it. Becoming a Customer Service Advisor with one of the UK's largest banks provides a great full-time position, with a company that is dedicated to offering you career progression opportunities.
We are looking for Customer Service Advisors to join a busy team within an accounts openings centre based in South Gyle, Edinburgh. This role will see you helping business banking customers set up new accounts. You will be required to talk them through the process, meanwhile assessing them while following anti-fraud and anti-money laundering guidelines.
If you always put the customer first and have a passion for helping people and creating an outstanding customer experience, then you could be the perfect fit for this role.
A professional telephone manner and strong communication skills are a must as this is a fast-paced environment and you will be handling a high volume of calls for a big banking brand. Excellent computer or telephone technical support, customer service or banking will be advantageous.
This fantastic employer is committed to supporting you through excellent in-house training and personal support so you will be taught everything you need to know in order to settle in quickly and excel in your work.
- Full paid training
- Weekly pay
- Generous holidays with 28 days per year
- Employee of the Month rewards
- Competitive pay rate/Overtime/Pay progression
- Previous customer service experience (call centre/retail/hospitality/front of house/receptionist)
- Excellent communication - oral and written.
- Confident telephone manner (previous telephony experience is desirable)
- Continuous improvement mind set.
- A keenness to develop a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the banking brands end to end goals.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Clear credit history & clear criminal record
- Responsible for dealing with a variety of calls
- Taking new customers through applications for new business banking accounts (assisting customers from initial call through to setting up their new business banking account/treasury account on the system)
- Each application usually takes between 30-40 mins
- Blended role as this process can be over the telephone or over the online digital platform
- Keying in information into systems - high level attention to detail.
- Assisting the customers with an enquiries and making follow up calls with the customers (Inbound calls and outbound calls to obtain more information from customer if needed - there are no cold calls/sales calls)
- Process driven as well as customer service.
- Taking information from the customer and ensuring it meets all required criteria (Anti Money Laundering etc).
- There are teams who they can pass the resolutions to if they are unable to resolve the query, i.e Fraud Team
- Work closely with the business managers who they can transfer the call too (this could be a warm handover which provides the Business Manager with all the info, or a cold handover where the Business Manager will just pick up the call
- Drafting/responding to customer emails
Please note: Employment will be subject to passing screening requirements, including a clean criminal record and credit history, clear of sanctions and staff fraud, proof of address and extensive referencing for past jobs.
So, if you are looking for a challenging role where you can expand your skill set with a company that will support your career progression, then this could be the perfect job for you. Get in touch with us today.