HR AdministratorBlue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a UK Wide automotive leader who are looking for an experienced HR Administrator...
Blue Arrow are recruiting for a number of experienced HR Administrators to join our client based in Edinburgh. The roles are initially going to be for 3 months, with likelihood that it will be extended. The role will see the successful candidates providing full HR guidance, advice and support to Scottish Government employees. The support will cover a wide range of queries, including performance, conduct and attendance amongst others. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Administrator to gain valuable experience working in the public sector.
- First point of contact for both managers and staff providing advice and support in relation to all HR Matters relating to performance, conduct and attendance. This will include discipline cases, Fairness at Work, performance issues, attendance and job gradings
- Assisting HR Case Officers with discipline and fairness at work cases, referred to and/or received within HR Team. This involves assessing and making recommendations as to whether there is a need for an investigation; arranging Panel Hearings which includes identification/appointment of both investigating and deciding officers - note taking is part of this role.
- Assisting HR Managers with discipline and fairness at work appeal hearings. This involves arranging Panel Hearings which includes identification/appointment of appeal and other deciding officers - note taking is part of this role.
- Take ownership for the delivery of the health and wellbeing strategy at all levels of the business through management of both intermittent and long term sickness absence. This will include holding formal attendance meetings and making decisions on placing staff on formal monitoring periods for their attendance, seeking advice and support, as necessary, from the HR Case Officer.
- Manage the induction and casework relating to new Modern Apprentices (MAs) and probationers.
- HR support service to Graduate Development Programme (GDP). Provide dedicated HR guidance and advice (as and when required) to set number of Graduates throughout 4 year period of programme.
- Assist HR Case Officer with casework, monitoring their mailboxes when out of office on hearings and on A/L
- Support improvement work by keeping desk instructions, template letters and guidance documents up to date.
- Advise on and evaluate Job Grading requests liaising with Karen Hay (Job Evaluation lead) for guidance when necessary.
- Draft response letters to FoI & MACs requests for approval by Head of PA unit before passing though appropriate HR clearance lines.
- Respond to and redact Subject Access Request - liaising with DPA colleagues as appropriate.
- Support the People Advice Directorate's policy work by contributing to policy reviews and ensuring policies are designed with a wellbeing focus.