Blue Arrow Livingston are recruiting for a transport and logistics co-ordinator for our client in Bathgate.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Transportation and Logistics Coordinator I will help evaluate distribution and transportation operations, data and facilities to identify the most effective distribution and transportation patterns for products. We seek a professional who will help us conduct data management, reporting and analysis, shipping, client interaction, business partnership, and people, resource, budget and project management.
* Evaluate, select and foster ongoing relationships with external transport providers.
* Using limited knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry, make recommendations to establish good customer relations.
* Analyze and project transportation costs, coordinating customs clearances and permits.
* Provide distribution, transportation and logistical solutions on inbound or outbound movement of raw material and/or finished product from origin to destination.
* Perform data entry updates using spreadsheets and databases based on sales orders/contracts, etc., providing data to more senior team members for further analysis.
* Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
* Other minimum qualifications may apply
* Know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, focusing on continuous improvement.
* Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
* Build partnerships and collaborate with others to meet shared objectives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
* Experience conducting specialized transportation and logistics activities.
* Ability to independently interpret and analyze data, presenting findings to more senior team members for further analysis.
Please apply by submitting your cv or phone Deborah on 01506 412229 for more information.