Sous Chefs- Newcastle Under Lyme x10
Immediate start from Monday 27th September
Job title: Sous chef for a wedding and hotel venue
Location: Newcastle Under Lyme
Contract type: Temporary ongoing to support Weddings, functions and hotel guest
Hourly rate/Salary: £14.50 per hour enhanced on weekends.(see below under shifts and hours for full break down.)
Blue Arrow are proud to supporting a country hotel, who specialise in weddings, functions, and events. We are currently supporting the site, with increased business demands, sickness, holiday cover, and general recruitment needs. This will be on an ongoing position working Thursday to Sunday each week. There may be an opportunity to gain a permeant contract too for the right candidates.
Shifts, Hours and pay rate for your new role
- The restaurant is open from 12 noon till 9.30pm Monday to Saturday and 9pm on a Sunday
- You will be working 5 days out of 7 including weekends the rota we have so far is Thursday to Sunday 12 till 22.30pm.
- Must be able to commit to all days to ensure the whole booking is covered.
- £14.50 per hour Monday to Friday
- £21.75 Saturday
- £29 per hour Sunday and bank holidays
Your new role:
You will have the opportunity to work for an independent country farm hotel, you will be working with fresh food daily, cooking food to order, up to banqueting level. You will also be supporting the head chef with the day to day running of the kitchen, processing food orders and creating menus in the absence of the head chef. Our client is looking for reliable honest, hardworking chefs, to support during these difficult times.
- You will have extraordinary attention to detail
- You will be able to work under pressure
- Previous experience as a Sous chef minimum 1 year - ideally from a restaurant, hotel with banqueting experience.
- Flexibility in shift patterns including weekends
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Level 2 Health and Safety Certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
- You will have your own chef whites and knives
- Great pay rates
- Weekly pay - paid for every hour worked
- Dedicated consultant
- Company pension scheme
- Working for an agency can generate more than work, you can build some great experiences, and relationships
- Holiday pay
- Ongoing full-time work
Key responsibilities include:
- You will be cooking from small to large numbers daily, fresh to order up to an excellent level
- Supporting the head chef in their absence
- Potential for food orders, stock taking and training of staff members.
- Review cleaning record sheets and adjust where necessary
- Work with the team to improve customer service and offer
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- To maintain wastage
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is always being operated
- Work within a team to ensure jobs are completed for the day
- Putting away deliveries.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
These responsibilities as a chef will ensure that you provide a fantastic service and contribute towards the business and the service. You will make a difference each and every day by doing what you do best and offering a great standard of food and service to the guests.
- Being able to drive and have your own transport is preferred however the position is located in Newcastle under Lyme which is a great location to get to and from work.
This role has an immediate start so if you're looking for your next role the click apply today and book your interview slot, or call us at our office. our registration process can take less than 7 minutes! We can have you out working next day.