Warehouse Administrator (Temporary to Permanent)Blue Arrow are proud to be working in partnership with an organisation based in ST10 who are looking for a full-time...
Contract Duration - Fixed Term for 6 Months
Hours of Work:
Two Weeks, Monday to Friday 0700 - 1300
Rotate two weeks 13:00 - 19:00.
6 hour shifts = 30 hours per week
Salary - £15,000 - £ 17,000
To assist with administrative duties associated with port container traffic, warehousing, general cargo etc. ensuring that all relevant details are obtained for receiving and despatch purposes and that these are entered into the appropriate systems.
* Book cargo in/out by roadside and quayside for vessel operations.
* Maintain accurate vessel files for review under 3rd party accreditation schemes such as 9001.
* Devan containers against vessel VCN for multiple customers and cargo going through the Port.
* Load containers through consolidation for multiple customers and cargo going through the Port.
* Create collections and deliveries for cargo ex containers that have been either de-vanned or vanned. Processing drivers face to face and updating the required computer systems.
* Basic filing / telephone / radio / email communications for the office.
* Handling customs clearance documents and processing them through IPOS ensuring correct updates so billing and stock reporting is accurate.
* Manage CFS work plan for the warehouses de-vanning work.
* Follow strict stock control process for in and out gating of goods for the Excise Warehouse.
* Ensuring the customer receives a first class service at all times.
* Keep up to date with container vessel discharge/loading and ensure that this information is quickly available.
* Prepare and provide all necessary documentation/reports for customers, management, agents, and other departments within Forth Ports Limited.
* Maintain all appropriate records to ensure the efficient running of the cargo/container operations, both soft and hard copy.
* Communicate effectively with all other departments and external agencies. Maintain good relations with existing customers.
* Cover other office based admin roles as required by the Deputy Port Manager.
* Ensure hauliers arriving to uplift goods from the port are loaded with the correct containers and issued with the correct paperwork.
* Flexibility to assist in other operational areas if and when required (including Container Control).
* All paperwork for management, revenue, wages, storage. This will involve producing documentation to allow raising of invoices by Port Accountant's department.
It is essential to adhere to the procedures in container operations regarding the receiving and despatch of empty/loaded containers to comply with customer and regulatory requirements.
Working under strict deadlines for administration procedures to be carried out.
Requirement to liaise with the Operations Team to highlight priority jobs and check timescales for jobs to be completed. Then communicating timescales with customers.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Have a thorough knowledge of the transport, logistics or cargo operations environment.
* Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Good eye for detail and excellent communication skills.
Please Apply with Most Recent CV.