We are looking for five catering or general kitchen assistants to work in schools in Derby. A catering/general kitchen assistant will help prepare food in the school kitchen. Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous but not essential.
They carry out basic food preparation tasks such as washing and peeling produce, making sauces and dressings, and slicing and cutting meat. When necessary, catering assistants handle machinery.
The position is available to start immediately and will require you to be able to get to and from Derby between the hours of 10am and 2pm. This is an ideal position to work around any current commitments!
* Happy to clean any areas needed.
* Has excellent organisation and time-management skills
* Is hard-working, and reliable.
* As this position is within a school you will need to have a DBS (child & adult) (Essential) This needs to be in date of the last 12 months or part of the update service. We can help you obtain this.
If you already have a DBS, we will need to see your certificate before work commences.
PLEASE NOTE: for any catering roles you will be required to complete a food hygiene & allergens certificate if you don't already have a Level 1 or 2 certificate. If not, don't worry we can put you through this training (free of charge).
Key responsibilities include:
* General food preparation such as washing and peeling produce
* Operating tills
* Making sauces and dressings
* Delivering excellent customer service
* Washing utensils and dishes
* Storing and sorting ingredients properly.
* Ensuring food prep areas are clean in line with health and safety and food hygiene procedures.
Blue Arrow is a Nationwide Agency based throughout the UK we have branches in all locations work is always on offer. A lot of our chefs who are registered with us enjoy working for Blue Arrow due to the flexibility around shifts, and we can offer both ongoing and short-term assignments. Another great reason is that you get paid a great hourly salary along with every hour worked, Some of our chefs have gained permanent roles with their perfect companies due to working in ongoing assignments and then offered permanent contracts and most importantly you are paid on time and on a weekly basis.
* Great pay rates and weekly pay
* your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
* Dedicated consultant
* Chance to gain more hours around current jobs and commitments.
* Mixtures of shifts.
* ongoing work in majority of our clients
* Company pension scheme
As this position is based in Derby, there are fantastic transport links throughout Derby to reach the schools!
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the requirements, we please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.