Receptionist / Administrator Derby (Temporary)Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a great Care Home based in Derby, who are now...
Job title: Home Administrator
Location: Outskirts of Reading
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
To provide secretarial, administrative and organisational support to the Home Manager and as required by Head Office. Previous administration experience Computer literate (Word for Windows, Excel, E-mail, Internet etc)
Key responsibilities include:
- Receive and re-direct incoming telephone calls, taking messages and process and distribute all incoming mail, faxes and e-mail.
- Welcome and receive all visitors to the Home, Escorting prospective residents and/or relatives/representatives around the Home, ensuring that they are given an opportunity to view the facilities and services available.
- Typing of routine correspondence as required in connection with the administration of the Home, including reports, memorandums, letters etc.
- Organisation of residents' out-patient appointments at the hospital or other healthcare venues. Ensure adequate stocks of forms, stationery and POS material are available times.
- Process, as directed, all employee-related inter-departmental forms and Wages spreadsheet daily and forward to Head Office every Month
- Maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure with regard to the administration of Resident Personal Allowance Funds and Petty Cash float funds
- Ensure that payments for external suppliers are processed promptly as required.
- Maintain the safety of self and others including residents, staff and visitors at all times and report any accidents or dangerous occurrences to the Home Manager and/or Head Office immediately, following Company Policy and logging of all new equipment including serial numbers, planned equipment maintenance schedule and ongoing repairs/servicing.
- Maintaining employee personnel files in accordance with company polices/procedures. Registering resident's birthdays and ensuring appropriate cards are signed and arrangement of family parties.
- Implementing company mail shots and other marketing initiatives (such as open days, fetes et.) as determined by the Home Manager and Senior Management of the Company and distribution of marketing material to potential residents and their representatives under the direction of the home manager.
- Recording and producing minutes of management, departmental and staff meetings as required.
- Collation and forwarding to Head Office the weekly occupancy and bed enquiry reports ensuring that all information contained within the reports is accurate, in addition maintain accurate records of staff funds as instructed by the home manager.
- Assist the Activities Co-ordinator and Home Manager in the arrangement for events for the benefit of the residents, such as parties, external entertainers and outings. This may include organising the payment for any external entertainment or entertainers.
- IT literacy (Ms Word, Ms Excel, E-mail etc.)
- You will enjoy being busy and working in a team environment.
- Have previous administration experience.
- Ability to be able to work quickly in an organised manner.
- Training & Development available.
- Holiday Pay & Pension.
- Short walk from train station
- Free Car Parking
- Bike rack