* £11.50 Per hour.* Your day will be spent visiting a number of different customers with multi drops in and around the Essex, North and...
Blue Arrow Brentwood are currently recruiting for experienced Airside Drivers to work for our client in Heathrow
The core role is driving our fleet which includes the loading and offloading of trolleys. Whilst on duty there is a continuous rotation of trolleys which could mean that you are loading and unloading every 15 - 20 minutes during your shift. You will be working with other drivers throughout your shifts and the number of drivers could range from 2 - 4 per operating shift.
All vehicles are fitted with Hydraulic ramps for loading and unloading.
In essence this requires the movement of trolleys across Heathrow's car parks, transport interchanges and terminals to ensure availability and balancing of stock levels.
These are shift based roles with coverage from 05:00 through to 23:00, (normally 5:00 - 14:00 or 14:00 to 23:00) although you could be asked to work beyond these times. Your Rosta will be working on a 5 on and 3 off pattern.
Weekdays £19.94 per hour
Weekends £26.71 per hour
The job role entails face-to-face contact with customers, stakeholders and other third parties with differing expectations and needs:
* The post holder is required to hold and keep current vocational licenses including but not limited to a Category C1+E driving license and a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC), to undertake this role. A category C1+E (or C+E) driving license and a DCPC are minimum requirements by law for all drivers/operators of heavy goods vehicles.
* To provide a professional driving service and drive and operate a varied fleet of vehicles and machinery, to support the airport operation.
* Delivering/working in a trolley operation that's meets SLA's and passenger/stakeholder expectations.
* Delivering great customer service to everyone in the airport environment.
* To support terminal operations in the event of reduced service and contingency
* To drive the trolley operations vehicles around the Terminals at Heathrow maintaining the supply of trolleys.
* This role will include driving a Passenger Service Electric Vehicle (training provided).
This role involves face-to-face contact with customers, stakeholders, third parties, control authorities and other airport operating companies. All discussions will relate to operation on day, or performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within the passenger service remit.
The role will require you to drive the central trolley operation vehicles and maintain supply of trolleys across Heathrow. You will be working with the terminal teams as one team to deliver SLA's relating to the trolley operation.
What you are responsible for:
Trolley Movements - To participate in the movement of trolleys across Heathrow Airport.
The main aspect of this role is to drive the central trolley operations vehicles. You will be required to participate in the loading and unloading of these vehicles.
Customer Service - To provide great customer service to all passengers and stakeholders whenever in contact with individuals.
To be knowledgeable about the facilities and layout of the airport landside and airside, and to assist passengers and airport users with enquiries as required.
To be knowledgeable of Airline Operations and locations across Heathrow Airport.
To maintain professional standards always, including personal appearance in accordance with uniform standards.
Contingencies - To support with contingencies in line with local operational requirements and to assist in emergency procedures (i.e. evacuation).
To co-operate with other organisations, e.g. Police, Fire, Border Force, Airlines.
Complete documentation, and record incidents in a clear and concise manner as required.
Keep update to date with EU or UK Domestic driver's regulations and maintain training. This includes driving licence, airside driving licence, tachograph card DCPC card training (upkeep provided for DCPC) and any permits you may receive through Heathrow.
Maintain the mandatory driver rules and regulations.
Report and Health and safety issues.
Should this be a job role you believe you would be interested in, please apply online and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Thank you :) Blue Arrow Brentwood