We are recruiting a permanent Class 2 driver for a start straight away at our client based in Loanhead, Midlothian.This is a permanent position with...
Blue Arrow are looking for a Class 2 driver to join one of our clients based in Dunbar.
Working pattern is Monday to Friday, start times normally 05.00-06.00 dependant on the days run.
You will receive training when you start which will be followed by a driving assessment.
Duties will include the following:
* The collection of scrap tyres, and specified wastes as requested.
* The delivery of outgoing goods when necessary.
* To drive any vehicle within licence requirements, as designated by Transport Manager.
* The loading of vehicles in a safe manner and in accordance with Manual Handling Regulations and Work Method Statements.
* The completion of daily itineraries and to call in to the transport office if space is available on the vehicle so that the vehicle is returned to depot full.
* To keep Transport Management advised of any delays or problems encountered and to provide them with a debrief once routes are completed.
* To drive in a safe and fuel-efficient manner adhering to speed limits.
* To communicate with yard staff regarding vehicle unloading.
* As a representative of the Company behave in a polite and professional manner at all times.
* To load the vehicle safely and ensure that the gross vehicle/axle weights are not exceeded.
* To ensure that all EU and any UK domestic Driver regulations are adhered to and that driver time sheets are completed fully and accurately.
* Present Tachograph Card for downloading on a weekly basis.
* To complete all appropriate daily vehicle checks thoroughly including the completion of associated paperwork. We operate a nil defect reporting system.
* To ensure that all collection documentation is completed fully and accurately.
* To keep your work vehicle clean (both exterior and interior) and free from litter.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualities:
* Attention to detail
* Enthusiasm and self-motivation to complete tasks
* Effective communicator
* Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
* Holds an appropriate driving qualification for the vehicle being driven
* Holds a full Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC)
* Manual Handling Training
Please apply online or call Scott or Deborah on 01506 412229 to find out more.