Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider, and we are currently looking to recruit a number of NHS 111 Health Advisors / Call Handlers - Weekends only (Nights or Days) to join their expanding team based at either their Chesterfield site.
Please note this role will be based on site, and is not a remote position.
Training will be full-time (even if applying for the part-time role) for 6 weeks at either the Derby or Chesterfield site, and will be over weekdays and weekends.
Nights 22.5 hours - Friday's, Saturday's and Sundays (22:00pm - 6:00am) - 8 hour shifts per days
Nights 16 hours - Friday's & Saturday's (21:30pm - 6:00am) - 8.5 shifts per day
Days 15 or 16 hours - Saturday's & Sunday's (6:00am - 24:00) - 8 or 8.5 hour shifts per day
Salary & Pay Rates - up to £22,035 (shift dependant)
- £9.50 p/h - for training only
- £10.00 p/h - basic rate / weekdays
- £11.30 p/h - enhanced rate weekday evenings/overnights
- £12.50 p/h - enhanced rate weekends (from Fri 6:00pm to Mon 8:00am)
We encourage all applicants to initially apply online first, so we can process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Please note also a further application form will be required to be completed after applying.
About the Role
As a Health Advisor for the NHS 111 Service, you will be working as a key member of the team in a busy fast-paced environment. You will be providing call handling for patients requiring urgent medical assistance ensuring the appropriate response is given based on the patient's symptoms/needs.
* Significant recent experience (within the last year) of working within customer service or with the general public is essential
* At least 2 years solid previous and recent customer service experience is essential
* Experience of handling face-to-face and/or telephone enquires
* Excellent IT / computer skills
* Excellent telephone manner
* Ability to be proactive and have good use of initiative
* Demonstrate at least 3 years previous experience in a care, customer service or call centre environment
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Organised and reliable
* Work quickly and accurately under pressure
Duties will include:
* Taking and dealing with a high number of telephone calls from members of the public
* Communicating with a wide range of people including patients, relatives and representatives, colleagues, appropriate staff in local primary and secondary care services, social services, ambulance services and out of hours and other related services within the local health economy.
* Delivering excellent customer service
* Dealing with a range of patients medical queries including urgent medical assistance
* Logging calls and updating information in the system in a timely and efficient manner using the in-house NHS Pathways software
* Escalate patient calls to a Clinical Advisor where appropriate
* Dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
Why should you apply?
Do you want to work in a challenging yet rewarding role that would be making a huge different to people's lives on a daily basis? If so this is a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, where many opportunities including career progression and benefits are available.
* On-site parking available (subject to availability)
* On-site canteen and other facilities available
* Competitive Salary
* Generous holiday entitlement
* NHS Pension Scheme
* Westfield Health Scheme
* Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
* Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
* Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
Located in Ashgate Manor, Chesterfield. This location would suit anyone with their own transport in Chesterfield or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as there are bus stops a short walk from the site, and Chesterfield train station.