Catering Supervisor needed at iconic NW London Public School - paying a very competitive £11.89 per hour, the job is Term Time Only, 40 hrs per week, 36 weeks per year - This is a permanent, full time position! All successful applicants will be subject to a full DBS role prior to starting in position.
General Overview of Role:
- Assist the Catering Manager and Hospitality Manager with the day-to-day operations of all areas of the Catering Department including the Hill Café, the boys' dining hall, servery and plate wash area, sports pavilions, meeting rooms as well as the Masters' dining area and events in term-time and throughout the year.
- With the Catering Manager and other Catering Supervisors, organize, lead, and motivate a diverse team of 20-30 full, part-time, and casual catering assistants.
- Work alongside the catering assistants before, during and after service and monitor and maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout areas of responsibility. This is to include daily weekly and deep-cleaning schedules of all of the furniture and equipment - e.g. tables, chairs, benches, trollies, service counters, hot and cold beverage machines, trays, crockery & cutlery, etc.
- Ensure that each member of staff completes their duties in accordance with the service and cleaning duties roster.
- Monitor staff breaks, start and finish times and, particularly in the summer months, ensure that all staff are adequately hydrated throughout their shifts.
- Ensure everything is ready for service including service staff, menu condiments, equipment and signage.
- Programme the menu boards daily with allergen information, checking with the Senior Chef on service that it I correct before uploading to all menu boards.
- Ensure all staff are fully briefed on the contents of each dish. Be aware of customers with food allergies (and special dietary requirements, food intolerances etc) and ensure all staff are well briefed on all necessary procedures in place to safeguard them.
- Ensure the allergen folder is up to date and readily available along with product sheets
Please apply online or contact David Lomax @ The London Perm Hub on 0208 427 6199