* Sous Chef
* £13 - £16.00 per hour (paid weekly)
* Cobham, Surrey
* 5 / 7 days various shifts (splits)
* Standard hours 10.30 - 21.30 (ongoing until Christmas)
IMMEDIATE START - FROM MONDAY 13TH SEPT
We are looking to hire an experience Sous chef for 5/7 shifts for weekdays serving high qualify, fresh ingredients at our beautiful country hotel in Cobham Surrey.
Our current team have mixed experience trained in Michelin star and AA-Rosette producing top dining experience. The team pride themselves on flexibility and work closely with you cater for guests, corporate events, & weddings.
About the role?
* Main Cook and prepare high quality dishes
* Ensure food quality and excellent standards are maintained for all dishes created
* Supervise all kitchen stations
* Assist the Head Chef in creating high quality menu items & recipes using quality fresh produce.
* Be responsible for health and safety + food hygiene practices.
* Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
* Assist with determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
* Ensure the team are producing top-quality food
* Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Awards
* Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace Award
* Minimum 2 years' relevant experience
* Awareness of manual handling techniques
* Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
* Experience of kitchen equipment, Knife skills as standard
* Competent level of English spoken and written
* Health and safety and food hygiene certificates
Hiring points / skills and knowledge as follows:
* Strong ability to produce good quality food and first-rate culinary skills
* A flair, passion and a love of ingredients and able to bring new idea's to the team.
* Strong organisational skills
* An ability to work unsupervised and consistently deliver quality work + Able to work well under pressure
* Previous Experience of a variety of kitchen environments and cuisines
* Knowledge of food production methods
* Good knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
* Basic maths/numeracy skills
* Effective oral communication with all members of the team
* Enthusiasm and willingness to develop your own skills and knowledge
* Flexible and have a willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
* Able to take on board feedback and changes to menu items or ingredients
This position is an ongoing temporary contract, paid hourly PAYE. We offer weekly payment 1 week after starting, including optional pension and additional holiday pay (please enquire for more info?)
So, if you're ready to be part of our team, or require more information about the position advertised? Please apply now!
Or alternatively call us on 01483506200
* Sous Chef