* School Kitchen Assistant
* £8.91 - £9.50
* Woking, Surrey
* Mon - Friday / 08.00 - 15.00
IMMEDIATE START - FROM MONDAY 13th September 2021
We are urgently looking to hire, a Kitchen porter to join our ready established team at school site in working surrey. Shifts will run from Mon - Friday (term time only no weekends)
Please see job details below :Main Duties/Responsibilities
As Kitchen assistant you will:
* The main job is to help with, Basic food preparation and assisting other staff where appropriate, with such as washing and peeling vegetables, moving deliveries to storage areas, cleaning of kitchen equipment and areas
* General washing up
* Ensure pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use quickly during service
* Receive and unloading deliveries; when unloading items provide organisation in the kitchen and storeroom
* Sweep and mop the floor
Additional skill we're looking for:
* Keenness & readiness to work, whether its part or a team and independently at times
* Good working knowledge of kitchen practices
* Experience of washing dishes and cleaning in a commercial kitchen
* Ability to work well with your hands and physical skills like movement, coordination and dexterity
* Physically fit enough to work on your feet for most of the shift
* Organisational skills and the ability to work methodically, and prioritise items that are needed in the kitchen for service
* Understanding of basic food hygiene practices
Qualifications/Licences/Certifications PLEASE NOTE:
Due to the nature of the job, no previous experience is required, just a good attitude!
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates are subject to complete a DBS check prior to starting DUE to child safe guarding processes and procedures
Next steps and how to apply?
If you are interested in the job advertised and would like to be considered? Or require more information about the role?
Please Apply Now! or call the office on 01483,506200.
we look forwards to hearing from you!