Position: Executive Head chef
Salary: £37,000 - £40,000 P/A
Hours: 40 per week, 5/7. Some evenings & weekends may be required. 52 Weeks
- Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career? ✔️
- Want to work with fresh food? ✔️
- Lead a professional team? ✔️
- You share a real passion working with quality food? ✔️
- Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
- Have event experience? ✔️
- I could go on! .....Then this role may be for you...
I am currently recruiting for a talented Executive Head Chef to join a very reputable contract catering company based in the UK. The Role will be based at a very prestigious School based in the city of bath. I'm looking for a talented chef who has a real passion for fresh food. You will have worked in a high-profile restaurant, hotel, or similar experience.
Job Roles Requirements:
- To organise the planning, preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used, and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information as required by the Catering Manager.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchens including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that if effectively meets the need of the location.
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your Manager and attending training courses as identified.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client
- To assist the General Manager.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Passionate about great food with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be inspired to create innovative delicious homemade food. A real forward thinker, being aware of market trends.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy kitchen environment
- Have great leadership skills, leading by example.
- An event professional with previous experience within a similar role.
- Salary: Up to £40K
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Work in state-of-the-art environment
- Free car parking
- Free meals on duty
The Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List Check must be obtained for this role.
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.