Position: Snr Sous Chef
Salary:Up to £27K - Term Time Only
Location: Outskirts of Newbury
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week. - Working week is 5 out of 7 days, with shifts being either an early (6.30 am to 2.00 pm) or a late (12 noon to 7.30 pm). There will be no split shifts and you will be required to work one weekend in three
The Senior Sous Chef will work alongside the Head Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Providing meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Working in a fast paced kitchen with top of the range equipment, you'll be expected to work 41 weeks of the year giving an impressive 11 weeks holiday per year. Hours are family friendly with no early morning shifts and no night shifts. Mornings start from 7am and the evening shift finished at 7pm. You will work as part of a rota system swapping between the early shift and the evening shift and will work one weekend in three.
The ideal candidate will be hard working, imaginative and passionate about creating high quality food for both the School and external customers and will assist in the day-to-day running of the kitchen, and running the kitchen in the head chef's absence
- The Snr Sous Chef reports directly to the Head Chef and the Catering Manager in his absence.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform all duties as directed by the Head Chef and in his absence by the Catering Manager.
- To prepare, cook and present speciality and high-quality dishes to the quality standards required by the Head Chef, paying particular attention to correct quantities, so as to minimise wastage
- To assist the Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus in accordance with the School's requirements, and to bring your own suggestions regarding menus to the table as well
- To ensure a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with School and statutory regulations.
- To wear the correct standard of dress or uniform at all times, to include mask, gloves and protective eyewear where necessary.
- To work in a professional manner and maintain a helpful attitude throughout the working day.
- Initiate and oversee the production of all meals produced during the shift and preparation for other shifts. (Moved from frequent to main)
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.