Senior Administrator-Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with Derby's largest Education provider, and we are currently looking to recruit a number...
Senior Estates Lead
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
1. To be responsible to the Director of Facilities for the development and delivery of Estates and Facilities Management services to the Trust.
2. Ensuring the service provision and associated costs to the Trust are value for money and perform within all budgetary constraints.
3. To develop and deliver Capital & Property Development, Site Services, Logistical, Risk Management and Environment services to support the provision of high quality patient focused healthcare.
4. To lead the provision of relevant technical, statutory and professional advice on all aspects of Estates and Facilities Management to the Trust.
5. To ensure that the Trust receives compliant services consistent with all NHS, statutory and regulatory guidance.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To lead the operational delivery of the Estates and Facilities Management services to the Trust, based upon a service and business culture providing patient focused, effective, efficient and value for money services
2. To lead and participate in the Estates & Facilities Directorate Senior team in forming strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in monitoring the performance so as to ensure that the Trusts aims and objectives are achieved.
3. To formulate and implement strategies and specific plans derived from agreed NHS and corporate strategies to ensure that the Estates and Facilities Management services required by the Trust are available to fulfil statutory and financial standards whilst ensuring value for money.
4. To ensure the provision of professional technical and planning support for the development of business cases for developments within the Trust including the provision of "intelligent customer" support to PPP/PFI/GMS project negotiation and undertaking the contract management of outsourced services on completed schemes.
5. To develop policy and systems that obtains best value utilisation from the Trusts property assets and operates cost effectively.
6. To ensure that the Estates and Facilities Directorate is appropriately staffed and opportunities are created for staff development consistent with NHS policies.
7. To ensure that there are sufficient resources deployed to provide the services set out below, effectively and within parameters and budgets of the service framework:
* Property Maintenance - environmental management, planned preventative maintenance and statutory compliance, reactive maintenance. Backlog maintenance, rapid response.
* Property Management - waste management, site management and services, utilities management, contract management and asset register management.
* Property Development - capital developments, capital project management and/or project director, acquisitions, disposals, Estates Strategy, PFI/PPP/GMS, planning applications.
* Property Services - catering, domestics and site contracts.
* Transport - fleet management and transport management.
* Non Clinical Risk Management - health & safety, fire & security management, emergency procedures.
* Rationalise Estates and Facilities systems and processes to deliver services in the most effective, cost efficient and quality compliant manner.
* To ensure that team communications are implemented throughout the Estates and Facilities Directorate and that all staff have an appraisal on an annual basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education and Qualifications
* Equivalent to first-degree level in Facilities, Building or Engineering subjects.
* Professional membership of related institution (eg C. Eng., CIOB, BIFM)
Management Qualification e.g. DMS or equivalent
* Good command of English language and able to take, relay and record information accurately
* Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Experience & Abilities
* Minimum 5 years at senior management level within an NHS multi service/multi site environment.
* High level of experience in driving through efficiency gains and service improvement
* Able to work under pressure and prioritise timescales
* Experience of developing policies, procedures and systems
* Experience of market testing and the ability to prepare contracts and service specifications
* Good track record of achievements
* Ability to set and monitor quality targets
* A sound knowledge of relevant legislation
* Well-developed presentation, influencing, persuading and negotiation skills
* Experience in managing budgets
* Experience in managing staff
* Experience in managing service delivery and business planning
* Health Service regulations and systems relating to capital investment and service procurement. Statutory, mandatory and contractual standards relating to Facilities Management. Design and construction contract formats and procedures
* Sensitive to the needs of patients, clients, their helpers and families
* Experience in the use of IT systems, the creation and management of data bases and the production of meaningful reports
* Good communication skills (written, numeration and oral)
* Excellent interpersonal an communication skills
* In possession of a full, current, clean UK driving licence
* Personal Qualities
* Interpersonal skills
* Team/Collaborative working
* Self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and to manage and prioritise workload appropriately
* Must be able to work effectively as a team member and be capable of fostering and maintaining professional relationships with colleagues and client groups
* An outgoing and enthusiastic team player
* Mature, friendly, confident, and efficient in dealing with people at all levels
* Able to deliver agreed objectives on time
* Must have the flexibility to work with a variety of projects and client groups