Salary: £13 P/H to £14.50 P/H
Type: Temporary on going
Hours: 6am - 14pm or 7am - 14/15pm
DBS relief chefs & cooks - x10 for schools
Starting from Monday 6th
Location: Basingstoke/Hook/Andover & Newbury
Contract type: Temporary on going basis.
Hourly rate £13 P/H to £14.50 P/H dependant on experience, job role, and environment with enhanced rates on weekends
Are you an experienced chef looking seeking the next step in your career? Are you looking to join a professional team working in a fantastic, fresh food kitchen? Then this may be the role for you....
You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh food and drink on offer for the students and staff. In addition to a busy dinning room, you will also cater for a hospitality service including working lunches for meetings, University and student events, external conferences for clients, and a variety of private functions.
- Certified in Food Hygiene Level 2
- Experienced in the preparation, cooking and presentation of fresh pastry
- A positive attitude with a passion to support and develop menus
- A dedicated approach to the development and training of the commis chefs
- Ordering and stock control management
- Meeting food safety and cleaning standards
- Hardworking and reliable
- Hands-on with a 'can do' attitude
- Great pay rates
- Weekly pay
- Dedicated consultant
- Flexibility in your working environment
- Flexibility in your working days and time
- Your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
- Company pension scheme
- Even though a lot of your roles will be on a temporary basis, these can quite easily lead to permanent work for the right candidates.
- Work within a team to ensure jobs are completed for the day
- Putting away deliveries.
- Possibility of food orders, dependant on the role you are placed into i.e head chef/chef manager.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Cooking nutritious food within requirements
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
- Possibility of serving food
- Possibility of till operation
Requirements and skills:
- Previous experience as a chef
- Flexibility in shift patterns including weekends
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Level 2 Health and Safety Certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
- An in date Enhanced DBS DATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS ideally on the new updated service programme. (we do have the Facilities to put you through one at a cost)