Position: Chef De Partie
Establishment: Prestigious Co Ed Day & Boarding School
Type: Contract Catering
Salary: £20,000 P/A
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Term Time Working (36 weeks of the year working, Paid for 40 weeks)
Come and join the team at one of West Berkshire's leading co-educational independent schools. We are looking for a Chef/Cook to join the team. Set in 150 acres of stunning parkland in rural West Berkshire, this fantastic school caters for children aged 3-13 years. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused chef to work with a leading independent school to develop their culinary career in a fantastic environment and with access to fantastic facilities.
The chef de partie role will involve.....
- Ensure designated area is ready for the start of service
- Carry out all cleaning duties allocated in accordance with the unit cleaning schedule
- Carry out mise-en-place
- Monitor stockholding of perishable items delegated, and rotate stock effectively
- Adhere to all Company and contract rules and regulations
- To ensure food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Head Chef.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the section as appropriate.
- To assist the Head Chef with compiling food orders and developing new food concepts.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
Experience & Training:
- Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- Ideally, you will have NVQ level 1 or 2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries
- Welcome applicants with previous Chef de Partie experience, working ideally within a large scale operation.
- GCSE level education or above
- NVQ qualification or equivalent
- Good craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
What's in it for you...
- Salary: £23,000 P/A
- Work life balance
- Established team
- Room to develop in this leading contract catering company
- Term Time Only
- Working 36 week per year - paid for 40 weeks
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Anna Sullivan or Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650