DBS relief chefs & cooks Schools Care Homes Stoke On Trent x10
Location: Stoke on Trent, Newcastle Under Lyme & Stafford areas Multiple sites
Contract type: Temporary ongoing
Hourly rate £12.50p/h to £15.50p/h dependant on experience, job role, and environment enhanced rates on weekends
Temporary - Full time and Part time positions available.
Part time - this would be suitable for flexible and casual work to fit around your current needs and commitments.
Full time- this would be suitable for anyone looking for full time work with the option of flexible work too.
We are currently looking to recruit several Enhanced DBS Chefs and Cooks in and around Derby, working within schools, Nurseries, Care homes & retirement villages. You will be required to help and support with any sickness, short term and long term, Also to support with the increase demand, some of our roles may lead to permanent positions for the right candidates.
To be able to work within this environment you must have enhanced DBS covering adult, child or both workforce, dated within the last 12 months or on the update service. If you don't have this you must be willing to go through one at a cost. Please consider this.
This role can offer flexibility of, day time shifts, occasional weekends and great pay rates. The more flexible you are with travelling and the role you cover the more shifts and work we can offer. The ideal candidate will be working with fresh nutritious food adhering to dietary requirements.
- Great pay rates
- Weekly pay
- Dedicated consultant
- Flexibility in your working environment
- Flexibility in your working days and time
- Your very own App and portal to accept shifts on the go, and submit timesheets
- Weekly pay
- Company pension scheme
- Even though a lot of your roles will be on a temporary basis, these can quite easily lead to permanent work for the right candidates.
You can choose your working rota each week, but dependant on what you choose to work the working hours will vary from site to site and may result in less work due to your flexibility.
The working environment
Due to the various different types of site we cover your working environment will change from site to site. We will look to place you in the most comfortable environments for you. We supply to contract catering sites, Schools, Prisons, Care homes, hotels, and events, I am sure we have something to fit your experience and needs.
- Work within a team to ensure jobs are completed for the day
- Putting away deliveries.
- Possibility of food orders, dependant on the role you are placed into i.e head chef/chef manager.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Cooking nutritious food within requirements
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
- Possibility of serving food
- Possibility of till operation
Requirements and skills:
- Previous experience as a chef
- Flexibility in shift patterns including weekends
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Level 2 Health and Safety Certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
- An in date Enhanced DBS DATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS ideally on the new updated service programme. (we do have the Facilities to put you through one at a cost)
As we cover a large number of locations across Stafford and Staffordshire your commute will vary. If you have a car and are flexible with locations, great. If you're limited to public transport, we'll only send you to places that have public transport links and provide you with all the information you will need to get there.
So if you think this is just what you're looking for then CLICK APPLY TODAY. To book your own interview slot we have roles starting this week and can offer you an immediate start once registered.