Sous Chef - Southampton - £30,000
A luxury hotel situated close to Southampton are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join the brigade in preparing, cooking and presenting food to agreed high standards.
On top of a great salary of up to £30,000 per annum, there is live in available and outstanding career opportunities to develop and progress.
Due to remote location own transport is highly desirable.
* Salary: Up to £30,000
* Hours: 5/7 Days
* Location: Close to Southampton
* Contract: Permanent
* Great Salary and development opportunities
* Career Opportunities
* To take some responsibility for all elements of the kitchen including preparation, cooking and presentation of food to agreed standards.
* To set and maintain standards.
* To ensure the kitchen is kept in a clean tidy and hygienic state.
* To liaise with customers, to ensure their needs are being met from sales through to delivery.
* To liaise with customers, to ensure all dietary requirements are catered for.
* To respond to feedback from customers and amend menus as appropriate.
* To create a range of interesting menus for both adults and children along with Executive Chef and catering team
* To receive training that is necessary to maintain and improve the standards of the establishment.
* Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organisation
To be successful, you'll need to have:
* Previous experience as a Chef, preferably within a hotel
* 7061/2 or equivalent NVQ
* Food Hygiene certificate
* Food allergen training
* Knowledge of health and safety issues (COSHH etc) - further training can be given
* A real passion for hospitality and delivering great service
* Able to remain calm and composed in challenging situations
* Team player and able to work in busy environments
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.