Position: Assistant Housekeeper Manager
Sector: Luxury Hotel
Location: Oxford City Centre, Oxfordshire
Salary: £22,000 P/A + Service Charge
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week
Are you looking for your next step in your hotel Career? ✔️
Want to work with a friendly team? ✔️
Full overview of the department? ✔️
Have previous HSK Experience? ✔️
Then this role may be for you...
My client is now looking for a professional and experienced Assistant Head Housekeeper to support the housekeeping team in providing a five star service. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will report to the Housekeeping Manager and be part of the key leadership team to ensure excellent and exacting standards throughout the hotel, deputising for the Housekeeping Manager in their absence/ My client is a 4 star hotel in the very heart of Oxford
Skills & responsibilities:
- This is a hands-on position and the ideal step up for someone who is currently in a supervisory role
- Impeccable eye for detail and excellent knowledge of 4* or 5* housekeeping practices. Previous experience in a five-star, luxury environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to support the team and actively train and engage
- To interact and liaise with other departments to ensure smooth operations and communication
- To understand and assist the Head Housekeeper with third party suppliers, particularly linen companies, and supplies companies, working within budget.
- Taking active responsibility for the maintenance of the rooms and interiors and reporting any issues to the maintenance team.
- Following and engaging the team with SOPs to ensure a smooth and efficient department.
- This is often a guest facing role, so must be personable and willing to go the extra mile and support guest requests
- Flexibility: this is a busy, 7 day a week operation, so shifts include evenings and weekends.
Procedures & Tasks:
- Prepare all guest rooms with either arriving guests or staying guests
- Thorough cleaning of all guest areas
- Dusting, vacuuming, and washing down of all areas
- Cleaning of all windows
- Polishing of mirrors, brass plates on doors and furniture (as applicable)
- Dusting of all ledges, pictures, high areas and skirting boards
- Shampooing of carpets
- Cleaning of curtains and furniture
- Emptying / cleaning of waste bins
- Restocking of toiletries, soaps, towels etc
- Heavily discounted room rates in the Hotel Group
- Service Charge (role and department specific)
- High Street Discount Scheme - think cashback and discounts on a range of high street shops, experiences, holidays and much much more.
- Incentive schemes and competitions within your hotel and brand
- Cycle to work scheme
- Optional medical and dental healthcare plans
- Mental and Physical wellbeing tools to support you
- Ongoing career development - apprenticeships, internal training programs and more
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.