Blue arrow is currently recruiting a number of warehouse operatives to work on-site/warehouse in Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 9XA, you will be picking and packing various...
You will be working in a friendly, clean warehouse with various shift patterns available for you to choose from and you will be given your rota 6 months in advance, there are also regular opportunities for you to work overtime that is paid at a higher rate of £15.33. You will have constant support and coaching from one of our on-site supervisors and will receive 3 full days training at the start of your assignment including training on a Lollop truck to assist with picking of goods.
Day shifts running from Wednesday to Sunday with every Monday and Tuesday off are paid at £10.22 per hour and £12.77 for weekends, are available across the following start and finish times:
7am - 3pm one week
3pm - 11pm following week
Night shifts running from Wednesday to Sunday with every Monday and Tuesday off are paid at £12.77 per hour and are available across the following start and finish times:
11pm - 07.00am
We also have other shift patterns on offer if the above are not suitable
Weekend shift which are paid at £12.77 per hour are available as both day and night start and finish times.
All overtime is paid at £15.33 per hour.
This Tesco Booker site is looking to add to their current team of circa 300 warehouse staff working in the Magor depot with free onsite parking, onsite canteen serving daily hot food, locker facilities and free staff wi-fi. You will be responsible for picking bulk products efficiently which will support the delivery of fresh and boxed food/home products to the Tesco network of stores serving millions of UK households. If you have good attention to detail and are reliable and can work at a steady to fast pace, you are ideal for these opportunities. Whether this is your first time working in a warehouse or you have previous experience, we're keen to here from people with those qualities as training will be given. As a Warehouse Operative you will be:
* An individual who thrives on organised, systematic working and keeping busy
* Organised, efficient and thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
* Upbeat and energised
* Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks to help your team
* A good team player
* A great communicator
* Reliable and dependable
* Physically fit and able to work on your feet for most of the shift; if loading, ability to meet the physical demands of the job. This work requires the ability to move around with ease, while at times lifting and carrying items potentially weighing up to 30kg
* Awareness and ability to follow safety instructions and procedures
* Average literacy and numeracy skills
As a Warehouse Operative for Tesco you will:
* Assist with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
* Manually sort and place goods on to racks and shelves
* Collect items from throughout the Warehouse, prepare and complete warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule
* Perform warehouse inventory controls via scanner and/or through a computer
* Performing stock counts and location checks
So if you have qualities described and you're looking for steady work with a great employer who has seen record sales over the last 16 months, we'd love to hear from you today.