Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for Warehouse Operators to work at our clients busy distribution centre based in Edinburgh/Loanhead Hours of work: Sun-Thurs 18:30pm-02:00am (Must...
A business with future/culture and inclusion
If you are looking for a role where you are a valued member of the team, within an organisation that is committed to supporting staff grow, then we want to hear from you. While the use of technology is increasing in warehouses, manufacturing plants and factories across the country, the role of Warehouse Operative is becoming even more crucial to the smooth and efficient running of our client, one of the UK's largest supermarket brands.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals to be part of a team of 2,000 warehouse operatives who play a crucial part in helping millions of boxes of produce make it to the shelves of this supermarkets' 318 stores across Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North East of England. There are 2 shift patterns available for you to choose from; Thursday to Monday or Saturday to Wednesday both from 2pm to 10.00pm (37.5 hours) at a rate of £10.94 for weekdays and £13.67 for weekends. Overtime is available for those who want it and is paid at an excellent rate of £16.41 per hour. There are 3 days training also organised for all new-starters to help all new teams members no matter their experience level, get up to speed and feel comfortable in their new position.
This role could be on-going for the right candidates.
The site has a car park and is also easy accessible via the various bus routes passing the site regularly.
The site also offers a large subsidised canteen.
General skills and personal traits
As a Warehouse Operative for this household name, you'll be working as part of the Back Shift Team and, you will be:
* An individual who thrives on organised, systematic working and keeping busy
* Efficient and thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
* Upbeat and energised
* Flexible and willing to help your team get the job done
* A fantastic team player
* Good communication skills
* Reliable and dependable
* Physically fit and able to work on your feet for most of the shift; the job requires the ability to move around with ease, while at times lifting and carrying items potentially weighing up to 30kg
* Awareness and ability to follow safety instructions and procedures
* Good literacy and numeracy skills
* Attention to detail
Your main duties will include
* Collecting items from throughout the Warehouse and, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule.
* You will pick items from a pallet in a chilled environment and place the goods in cages ready for distribution.
* You will have a supervisor available on every shift to support and coach you in your new role.
* There are no entry requirements for this role.
* If you're an experienced Warehouse Operative you'll do well with this big brand, however we're just as keen to hear from people without experience who have the qualities we've described.
* You will receive 3 days' training consisting of your induction, including a full site tour and 2 full days paired with a buddy to help you feel fully prepared to begin your new role as part of a fabulous team.
If you have the skills we've mentioned, you're likely to be a great fit for this team working for this unbelievably successful household name.
Apply with us today and we'll help you get signed up and ready to start work as quickly as possible.