Blue Arrow are proud to be working in partnership with an growing food manufacturer based in Tean Staffordshire who are looking for a full time Kitchen Assistant to join a permanent basis.
Culture & Inclusion
If you're looking for a role where you will be a valued member of the team, feel a sense of belonging and meet lots of new people then this role, in this kitchen, may be the perfect fit for you. You would be joining a friendly, family team in a great environment at a multi-award winning, market leading company with people who care passionately about what they do.
Development & Opportunities
If you're looking to develop your skills as a Kitchen Assistant and start soaking up knowledge in our kitchens then apply with us today. They are on the lookout for hard-working, enthusiastic people to join our team, and we will support your career progression every step of the way. There is also a chance for promotion and further progression opportunities / taking on more responsibilities within 12 months.
If you are looking for your first job after school, college or university and want to improve crucial skills like teamworking and organisational skills then apply with us today, or if you have previous kitchen experience and are looking for your next career move. Working as a Kitchen Assistant can be a great stepping stone into other roles within the hospitality and catering industry, or other areas of work.
Hours: Mon-Fri (7:00am - 4:00pm) with 1 hour break daily (11:00am - 12:00pm) - 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: National Living Wage - there may be some flexibility on this depending on experience
As the Kitchen Assistant you will have the following skills:
- Previous kitchen experience is desirable but not essential
- Physically fit (as some heavy lifting will be required)
- The ability to work quickly and to the required standard
- An understanding of the importance of health and hygiene
- Experience of working in a commercial kitchen
- Plenty of stamina and the ability to work on your feet for most of the shift
- A great team player
- Good listening skills and ability to follow instructions
- Good oral communication
- A willingness to learn
- A positive attitude
- Experience doing basic food prep, like washing, peeling and chopping vegetables is ideal but not essential
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational, cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
- Wash utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sort, store and distribute ingredients under instruction
- Dispose of rubbish correctly
- To assist the head chef in day to day duties of producing pie fillings, making desserts, quiches, pork pies, suet puddings.
- Preparing fresh vegetables, thickeners, cheeses, egg, fish and herbs etc. for recipes.
- Checking quality of all incoming fresh food goods to ensure they meet our standards, including meat but no butchery required.
- Some heavy lifting may be required (up to 25kg max) when extracting recipes from pans or loading and unloading mixers etc.
- Helping and supporting team members as and when required
- Receive deliveries of new food and drink stock items, checking off items and storing them correctly
- Usually don't need any. If the individual has got a desire to learn to cook, common sense and commitment this is enough to go far
- No formal qualifications, training or experience is required for this sort of job
- Any experience in a similar role will certainly help
- A full driving licence may be useful, as well as any certificates like first aid training or food hygiene
So, if you want to join our friendly kitchen team and have a positive, can-do attitude then we want you to hear from you today.
So, if you're looking to take your first step on the career ladder in hospitality and are looking for a role where your learning will be encouraged and supported, then apply with us today.
So, if you're looking for your next step in your career as a Kitchen Assistant, join our team and enjoy working at the highest standards in our busy kitchens, and you will be a reliable and hard-working Kitchen Assistant then apply today.