Position: Assistant Bar Manager
Location: Outskirts of Basingstoke
Establishment: High End Wedding Venue
Salary: Up to £24,000 P/A + Tips + £2k signing bonus
Do you want to work for an ever-growing wedding & events company offering a great salary, development opportunities, a fun work environment all set in a stunning venue?
Our Client, a busy weddings and events venue based just outside Basingstoke are looking for a Full Time, Perm Assistant Bar Manager to join their friendly team. Your job will be to plan, direct and oversee all bar operations within the site. This will include managing staff, implementing, and maintaining procedures as well as ensuring all product and service standards are being met.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, have a passion for good food and service, calm under pressure and be able to work in a small team. Experience in weddings and conferences, 100+ covers, fine dining, and event bars, together with a strong background in food led establishments.
As a Assistant Bar Manager you responsibilities will include: -
- Managing a team of casual bar staff, training and developing the team
- Delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximize resources
- Set and monitor quality and service standards for staff and ensure staff operate within company policies
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet set standards
- Always ensure cleanliness and hygiene of bar area
- Oversee accurate cash-up & cash management procedures and ensure necessary paperwork is completed
- Ensure adherence to stock control procedures & correct stock rotation and storage to reduce wastage
- Work with the management team to implement improvements for products and service
As a Bar Manager you should: -
- Have strong decision-making skills and be able to think on your feet
- Be well organised and used to planning
- Work well under pressure in a busy environment
- Have previous experience as either a bar supervisor or manager
- An understanding of cellar management would be beneficial
- Have a good working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
In return you will receive: -
- Up to £24,000 P/Annum + £2K signing bonus
- No Split Shifts!!
- A great team and working environment
- A great opportunity for development
f you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV or call 02039 603 650.
We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.