We are recruiting for an experienced Landscape gardener based out of Maidstone.The successful candidate will have a background in commercial gardening. Duties will include Hedge...
Blue Arrow are now recruiting Gardeners of varying levels of experience to work in the parks in the Belfast city area for temporary cover until the end of September
Job Role: Seasonal Gardener
Location: Belfast city Parks
Temporary contract full time 37 hours per week
Immediate start required
Working Hours: 07.30 - 15.30
Some of the main responsibilities;
* To carry out basic routine horticultural operations e.g. grass cutting and mechanical weed control
* To assist in more advanced horticultural operations e.g. pruning and planting bedding.
* To be aware of and adhere to all relevant risk assessments.
* To carry out cleansing duties to include litter clearance and cleaning changing rooms.
* To erect sports equipment and assist with marking out sports pitches.
* To check allocated tools, equipment, and machinery before use to ensure it is in good and safe working order, reporting any defects
* To undertake basic maintenance on grass cutting machinery.
* To assist in site preparation and construction of soft and hard landscaping projects.
* To carry out playground inspections and complete reports to ensure that they are maintained in line with agreed standards.
* To report any damage caused by bad weather or by public vandalism
Applicants need to have experience in these areas to be considered for the role
* Knowledge of basic horticultural tasks
* Understanding of basic health and safety and manual handling
* Basic maintenance of machinery e.g. grass cutting machinery
* Ability to carry out basic tasks without supervision
* Ability to deal with the public in a polite and constructive manner
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Happy to work in all weathers
Please apply today or alternatively send your CV